Mr. Desrosiers was named “Rising Star of the Year” at the IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards 2020.
Mr. Desrosiers’ recent representations include:
- TPG in multiple matters, including the acquisition by TPG Capital Asia, TPG Growth and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan of up to a 35% stake in Dream Cruises, a premium brand, Asian-source passenger cruise line, for a purchase price of $489 million, representing a total enterprise value of $3.3 billion, from Genting Hong Kong Limited, the largest cruise operator in the Asia Pacific region
- MBK Partners in multiple matters, including as part of a consortium with the Chairman of eHi Car Services Ltd., The Crawford Group, Ctrip Investment Holdings and Ocean Link Partners, in the $1.75 billion (including debt) take-private of eHi Car Services, the second largest car rental company in China. The transaction was awarded M&A Deal of the Year at the IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards 2020 and M&A Deal of the Year at The Macallan Asian Legal Business Hong Kong Law Awards 2019
- Alibaba Group in multiple matters, including (1) the $2 billion acquisition of Kaola, a Chinese cross-border e-commerce platform, from NASDAQ-listed gaming giant, NetEase, (2) the acquisition of Ejoy Technology, a developer and operator of an online gaming platform, and (3) in 58 Suyun's $1 billion merger with Gogovan Ltd., a provider of a freight online platform that connects freelance van drivers with customers
- Advent International in the acquisition of a controlling stake in BioDuro, LLC, a global life sciences contract research and development organization (CRO) with operations in San Diego, Beijing and Shanghai
- The Rohatyn Group in the sale of Franchise Services Asia, the holding company for BHC Group, to MBK Partners and Hyun Jong Park
- Shanghai Pharmaceuticals in the $1.2 billion acquisition of the China distribution business of US-based Cardinal Health Inc., a Fortune Global 500 company providing pharmaceutical and medical products and services globally
- Hillhouse Capital in the $101 million PIPE investment in China Biologic Products Holdings, a top five plasma producer in China, as part of an aggregate $590 million investment by Hillhouse, Centurium Capital, CITIC and PW Medtech Group
- Baring Private Equity Asia in multiple matters, including (1) as part of a consortium with CITIC Capital, the $300 million acquisition of Wall Street English from Pearson and (2) the $4.3 billion take-private of Nord Anglia Education Inc., one of the world’s leading premium schools organizations. The transaction was awarded Private Equity Deal of the Year at the Asia Legal Awards 2018
Mr. Desrosiers received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Boston University School of Law and his B.A., summa cum laude, from Boston University.