Kimberly Thibault is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Thibault participates in advising public and private companies, private equity firms and their portfolio companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. She also participates in providing counsel regarding general corporate matters, including reporting requirements, corporate governance issues, defensive measures and other strategic considerations.
Ms. Thibault has been part of the teams advising:
- Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. in its $14.6 billion merger with Discovery Communications, Inc.
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a portfolio company of Cinven Partners, CVC Capital Partners and Oak Hill Capital Partners) in its $7.6 billion sale to Bohai Leasing Co., Ltd. (n/k/a Bohai Financial Investment Holding Co., Ltd.)
- inVentiv Health, Inc. in its $4.6 billion merger of equals with INC Research Holdings, Inc. creating Syneos Health, Inc.
- Tianqi Lithium Corporation in its $4.07 billion acquisition of approximately 63 million A Shares of Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile S.A.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and inVentiv Health, Inc. (n/k/a Syneos Health, Inc.), in the sale by THL of a 50% interest to Advent International, valuing inVentiv at $3.8 billion
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its $2.8 billion acquisition of all of the outstanding common shares not already owned by Brookfield Property Partners L.P. of Rouse Properties, Inc.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. in the $1.4 billion sale of substantially all of its assets, and transfer of substantially all of its liabilities, to New Residential Investment Corp.
- Engility Holdings, Inc. in its approximately $1.3 billion stock-for-stock merger with TASC, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company in its acquisition of the North American rights to Erbitux® (cetuximab)
- Fairway Group Holdings and its subsidiaries, an iconic New York supermarket chain, in their prepackaged chapter 11 cases
- The Kroger Company in its sale of its Turkey Hill business to Peak Rock Capital
- QLT Inc. (n/k/a Novelion Therapeutics Inc.) in its acquisition of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of Kele, Inc.
- Sun Life Financial Inc. in its acquisitions of Prime Advisors, Inc. and Ryan Labs Inc.
Ms. Thibault received her J.D., magna cum laude, from University of Michigan Law School and her B.S., summa cum laude, from University of Florida.