Kevin Whittam is counsel in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is based in New York. Kevin participates in advising borrowers, private equity sponsors, banks and other financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions, including first and second lien credit facilities, middle market and large cap financings, cross-border and domestic acquisition financings and debt restructuring transactions.
Kevin has been part of the teams advising:
- A major financial institution, as lead arranger and administrative agent, in an amended and extended $1 billion unsecured revolving facility for Verisk Analytics, Inc.
- Aterian Investment Partners in first and second lien facilities to finance its acquisition of Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc.
- Blackboard Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners) in $584 million first lien credit facilities to refinance existing indebtedness
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation in a $678 million debtor-in-possession revolving and term credit agreement, to finance business operations during its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Citi in a $400 million secured multicurrency revolving facility and further $200 million incremental commitment for Livent Corporation and FMC Lithium USA Corp. (at the time subsidiaries of FMC Corporation) to finance their spin-off from FMC and Livent Corporation’s commencement of operations as a publicly traded corporation
- Fairway Group Holdings Corporation, the parent company of Fairway Market, in senior secured debtor-in-possession term facilities to finance business operations during its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Fusion Connect, Inc. in $115 million exit and $225 million first lien term and revolving facilities to finance business operations upon emerging from its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- GameStop Corp. in connection with its secured debt exchange and its asset-based credit facility
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Arrowhead Engineered Products, Inc. and Arrowhead Engineered Products, Inc. in its acquisition of Red Hawk, LLC
- Goldman Sachs, as lead arranger and agent, in $240 million senior secured term and $35 million ABL multicurrency revolving facilities to finance Palladium Equity Partners' acquisition of Kymera International
- Infinite Electronics, Inc. (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital) in a first lien incremental term facility to finance its acquisition of Integra Optics, Inc.
- The NORDAM Group, Inc. in $350 million senior secured term and asset-based revolving exit facilities to finance operations upon its exit from bankruptcy proceedings
- Providence Equity Partners in senior secured facilities to finance its acquisition of TimeClock Plus, LLC
- Sumeru Equity Partners in a senior secured revolving facility to partially finance its acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc.
- Waypoint Leasing Limited in a $49 million debtor-in-possession facility to provide liquidity during its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
Kevin received his J.D. from the University of Windsor and his B.E.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering and B.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Western Ontario.