Kevin J. Sullivan is Co-Head of Weil’s U.S. Private Equity practice and Co-Managing Partner of the Boston office. Mr. Sullivan joined the Firm in 2002 with the opening of the Boston office and has a diverse transactional and corporate counseling practice with emphasis on leveraged buyouts, mergers & acquisitions, and growth equity investments in the United States and internationally. He also has broad experience counseling corporate clients on transactions and a variety of strategic matters.
Mr. Sullivan has represented both private equity sponsors and management teams in leveraged buyouts and minority investments both in the United States and abroad. He regularly represents a number of leading private equity and venture capital firms, including Providence Equity Partners, Providence Strategic Growth, TA Associates, Francisco Partners, North Bridge Growth Equity (n/k/a Guidepost Growth Equity), TCV, Abrams Capital and Tower Three Partners. He has also represented a variety of corporate clients, such as Ministry Brands, Ascend Learning, Blackboard, Learfield Sports and World Endurance Holdings (Ironman).
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving ANC Sports Enterprises, Archipelago Learning, Ascend Learning, AutoTrader Group, Blackboard Inc., Bluestone Television, Clarion Events, EZLinks Golf Holdings, LLC, George Little Management, Higher One Holdings, Inc., Informa plc, IPS Learning, KPA Services, LLC, Learfield Communications, Miller Heiman, Nelligan Sports Marketing, Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), Q9 Networks Inc., RentPath, Inc., Scenario Learning, LLC, SIDEARM Sports, Soccer United Marketing, LLC, TAIT, LLC (f/k/a TAIT Towers Inc.), Topgolf Entertainment Group, Untangle NG Firewall, VectorLearning (now d/b/a Vector Solutions), VitalSmarts, World Endurance Holdings, Inc. and ZeniMax Media.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving Abacus Data Systems, Anju Software, BackAgent, BirdDogHR, Blue Star Sports, BoldLeads.com, Inc., Bonzi Technology, Inc., Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc., Burning Glass Technologies, eGovernment Solutions, LLC, ExakTime Innovations, Inc., GlobalTranz Inc., Jobcase, Inc., LogDNA, Inc., LogicMonitor, Ministry Brands, LLC, nCourt, LLC, Payline Data Services LLC, PatronManager, LLC, PaySimple Inc., Pineapple Payments LLC, Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc., Property Brands, Inc., Propertybase GmbH, ShowClix, Inc., SignUpGenius, Inc., Skybox Security, Inc., Sturgis Web Services Corporation, Value Payment Systems, LLC and YourCause Holdings, LLC.
- Guidepost Growth Equity and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving Contact Solutions LLC, iMakeNews, Inc., Ingenious Med, Inc., Leapfrog Direct Response, LLC, One Source Technology, LLC (d/b/a Asurint), Proto Labs Inc., Valence Health and Verint Systems Inc.
- TCV and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving Dollar Shave Club, Inc., Elevate Credit, IQMS Inc., LegalZoom.com, Inc., Merkle Group Inc., NewVoiceMedia Limited, SiteCore Corporation A/S, Sojern Inc., Spotify Limited, Think Finance, Inc. and Vice Media, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving All Systems Holding LLC, CompuCom Systems, Inc. and Systems Maintenance Services.
- TA Associates and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving Professional Datasolutions, Inc., DataMax Consulting Corp., FireStream WorldWide, Inc., Global Software, Inc., insightsoftware.com Inc., LOMOSOFT GmbH and The Pinnacle Corporation.
- Francisco Partners in its acquisition of Dynamo Software Ltd. and certain other subsidiaries and assets of Dynamo Group. Ltd. and Dynamo Software in its acquisition of Q-Biz Solutions, LLC.
- Ministry Brands, LLC (a portfolio company of Insight Venture Partners) in its transactions involving The ACTIVE Network Inc., Abila, Inc., Aptify Corporation and Insight Venture Partners.
- Tower Three Partners LLC and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving NTS, Inc. and the Paslin Group.
- Guggenheim Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Dick Clark Productions.
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisitions of NTI Connect and Peak Utility Services Group, Inc.
- Iron Mountain, Inc. in its sale of its online backup & recovery, digital archiving and eDiscovery solutions.
- Paycor, Inc. in its sale to Apax Partners.
Mr. Sullivan was named 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law in Boston by Best Lawyers in America. He is consistently recognized as a leading lawyer for Private Equity: Buyouts in Massachusetts by Chambers USA, where clients say he is “the whole package,” a “fantastic strategist, an excellent practitioner and a top-end partner,” and “very smart, very capable and very reasonable.” He is also recommended for Private Equity Buyouts by Legal 500 US. He is a Private Equity Law360 editorial advisory board member.