Mr. Sullivan has represented both private equity sponsors and management teams in leveraged buyouts and minority investments both in the United States and abroad. He regularly represents a number of leading private equity firms, including Apax Growth Equity, CVC Growth, Francisco Partners, GSV, Guidepost Growth Equity, ORIX Capital Partners, Providence Equity Partners, Providence Strategic Growth, Susquehanna Growth Equity, TA Associates and TCV. He has also represented a variety of corporate clients, such as Ascend Learning, Blackboard, Learfield Sports, Ministry Brands and World Endurance Holdings (Ironman).
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving ANC Sports Enterprises, Archipelago Learning, Ascend Learning, AutoTrader Group, Blackboard Inc., Bluestone Television, Clarion Events, TimeClock Plus, EZLinks Golf Holdings, LLC, George Little Management, Higher One Holdings, Inc., Informa plc, IPS Learning, KPA Services, LLC, Learfield Communications, Miller Heiman, Nelligan Sports Marketing, n2y, LLC; Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), Q9 Networks Inc., RentPath, Inc., Scenario Learning, LLC, SIDEARM Sports, Soccer United Marketing, LLC, TAIT Towers Inc., Tempo Music Investments, LLC, Topgolf Entertainment Group, Untangle NG Firewall, Vector Solutions, VitalSmarts, World Endurance Holdings, Inc. and ZeniMax Media.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving Abacus Data Systems, Anju Software, Avis Vérifiés, BackAgent, BirdDogHR, Blue Star Sports, BoldLeads.com, Inc., Bonzi Technology, Inc., Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc., Burning Glass Technologies, Chatmeter, Inc., eGovernment Solutions, LLC, ExakTime Innovations, Inc., EverCommerce, GlobalTranz Inc., Impact Holdings, Inc., Jobcase, Inc., LogDNA, Inc., LogicMonitor, Ministry Brands, LLC, nCourt, OpusCapita Solutions, LLC, PatronManager, LLC, Payline Data Services LLC, Pineapple Payments LLC, Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc., Property Brands, Inc., Propertybase GmbH, ShowClix, Inc., SignUpGenius, Inc., Skybox Security, Inc., Sturgis Web Services Corporation, ThreatConnect, Inc., Validity, Inc., Value Payment Systems, LLC and YourCause Holdings, LLC.
- Guidepost Growth Equity and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving Asurint, Contact Solutions LLC, iMakeNews, Inc., Ingenious Med, Inc., Leapfrog Direct Response, LLC, Proto Labs Inc., Valence Health and Verint Systems Inc.
- TCV and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving Capsule Corporation, Dollar Shave Club, Inc., Elevate Credit, FlixMobility GmbH, HireVue Inc., IQMS Inc., LegalZoom.com, Inc., Merkle Group Inc., NewVoiceMedia Limited, SiteCore Corporation A/S, Sojern Inc., Spotify Limited, Think Finance, Inc., Toast, Inc., Vectra Al, Inc., Vice Media, Inc. and WorldRemit Ltd.
- Apax Partners as, together with L Catterton, lead investors in a $285 million Series E funding round for ClassPass Inc.; in a $100 million equity and debt funding round for Moda Operandi, Inc.; and in its acquisition of a stake in Signavio GmbH via a Series C financing round and the acquisition of Series A and Series B shares from Summit Partners and founders, both of which retained an equity stake.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving All Systems Holding LLC, CompuCom Systems, Inc. and Systems Maintenance Services.
- TA Associates and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving DataMax Consulting Corp., FireStream WorldWide, Inc., Global Software, Inc., insightsoftware.com Inc., LOMOSOFT GmbH, The Pinnacle Corporation and Professional Datasolutions, Inc.
- Francisco Partners in its acquisition of Dynamo Software Ltd. and certain other subsidiaries and assets of Dynamo Group. Ltd. and Dynamo Software in its acquisition of Q-Biz Solutions, LLC.
- Susquehanna Growth Equity and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving iContracts, Inc., Real Capital Analytics, Inc., Reorg Research, Inc., Workfront, Inc. and XebiaLabs, Inc.
- Ministry Brands, LLC (a portfolio company of Insight Venture Partners) in its transactions involving The ACTIVE Network Inc., Abila, Inc., Aptify Corporation and Insight Venture Partners.
- Tower Three Partners LLC and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving NTS, Inc. and the Paslin Group.
- Thompson Street Capital Partners in its growth investment in Green Mountain Technology, LLC.
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- Guggenheim Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Dick Clark Productions.
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisitions of NTI Connect and Peak Utility Services Group, Inc.
- Iron Mountain, Inc. in its sale of its online backup & recovery, digital archiving and eDiscovery solutions.
- Paycor, Inc. in its sale to Apax Partners.
- CommentSold, Inc. and its founding shareholders in the sale of a majority stake to ZMC Advisors.
Mr. Sullivan is recognized as a leading lawyer for Private Equity: Buyouts in Massachusetts by Chambers USA, where clients say he is “the whole package,” a “fantastic strategist, an excellent practitioner and a top-end partner,” and “very smart, very capable and very reasonable.” He is also recognized as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for Private Equity in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and is recommended for Private Equity Buyouts by Legal 500 US. Mr. Sullivan was also named 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law in Boston by Best Lawyers in America.