Kevin has represented both private equity sponsors and management teams in leveraged buyouts and minority investments both in the United States and abroad. He regularly represents a number of leading private equity firms, including Apax Growth Equity, CVC Growth, Francisco Partners, GSV, Guidepost Growth Equity, ORIX Capital Partners, Providence Equity Partners, PSG, Susquehanna Growth Equity, TA Associates and TCV. He has also represented a variety of corporate clients, such as Ascend Learning, Blackboard, Learfield Sports, Ministry Brands and World Endurance Holdings (Ironman).
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving 365 Retail Markets, LLC, Aladtec, Inc., ANC Sports Enterprises, Archipelago Learning, Ascend Learning, AutoTrader Group, Blackboard Inc., Bluestone Television, Clarion Events, EZLinks Golf Holdings, LLC, George Little Management, Higher One Holdings, Inc., Humanity.com, Informa plc, IPS Learning, KPA Services, LLC, Learfield Communications, Miller Heiman, Nelligan Sports Marketing, n2y, LLC, OUTFRONT Media, Inc., Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), Q9 Networks Inc., RentPath, Inc., Scenario Learning, LLC, Seesaw Learning, Inc., SIDEARM Sports, Soccer United Marketing, LLC, Sweetwater Sound, Inc., TAIT Towers Inc., Tempo Music Investments, LLC, Tenstreet, LLC, TimeClock Plus, Topgolf Entertainment Group, Untangle NG Firewall, Vector Solutions, VitalSmarts, World Endurance Holdings, Inc. and ZeniMax Media.
- PSG and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving AbacusNext, Anju Software, Assembly, Avis Vérifiés, BackAgent, BirdDogHR, Blue Star Sports, BoldLeads.com, Inc., Bonzi Technology, Inc., Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc., Burning Glass Technologies, Chatmeter, Inc., DigitalEd, DivvyCloud Corporation, DoseSpot, eGovernment Solutions, LLC, ExakTime Innovations, Inc., EverCommerce, Formstack, LLC, GlobalTranz Inc., Impact Holdings, Inc., Inhabit IQ, Introhive, Inc., Jobcase, Inc., Kenect, LLC, LogDNA, Inc., LogicMonitor, Lone Wolf Technologies, Lumaverse Technologies, Ministry Brands, LLC, nCourt, LLC, OfColor, Inc., OpusCapita Solutions, PatronManager, LLC, Payline Data Services LLC, Pineapple Payments LLC, Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc., Property Brands, Inc., Propertybase GmbH, SchoolStatus LLC, Semarchy SAS, Sevenrooms Inc., ShowClix, Inc., SignUpGenius, Inc., Singlewire Software, LLC, Skybox Security, Inc., Sturgis Web Services Corporation, Stylitics Inc., ThreatConnect, Inc., Traliant, LLC, Tribute Technology Holdings, LLC, Validity, Inc., Value Payment Systems, LLC, Wagepoint Inc. and YourCause Holdings, LLC.
- Providence Equity Partners and PSG, as part of a consortium led by CVC Capital Partners and that also included Ridgemont Equity Partners, in the business combination of GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc. with Worldwide Express, Inc.
- Guidepost Growth Equity and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving Asurint, Contact Solutions LLC, iMakeNews, Inc., Ingenious Med, Inc., Leapfrog Direct Response, LLC, Proto Labs Inc., Valence Health and Verint Systems Inc.
- TCV and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving AxiomSL Group, Brex Inc., Built Technologies, Inc., Capsule Corporation, Devo, Inc., Dollar Shave Club, Inc., Elevate Credit, FlixMobility GmbH, HireVue Inc., IQMS Inc., LegalZoom.com, Inc., Merkle Group Inc., NewVoiceMedia Limited, SiteCore Corporation A/S, Sojern Inc., Spotify Limited, Strava, Inc., TastyTrade Inc., Think Finance, Inc., Toast, Inc., Vectra Al, Inc., Vice Media, Inc. and WorldRemit Ltd.
- Apax Partners, together with L Catterton, as lead investors in a $285 million investment in ClassPass Inc.; as lead investor in a $100 million investment in Payfone, Inc.; in a $100 million equity and debt funding round for Moda Operandi, Inc.; as lead investor in an investment in Guesty, Inc.; and its acquisition of a stake in Signavio GmbH via an investment and the acquisition of Series A and Series B shares from Summit Partners and founders, both of which retained an equity stake.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving All Systems Holding LLC, CompuCom Systems, Inc. and Systems Maintenance Services.
- TA Associates and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving DataMax Consulting Corp., FireStream WorldWide, Inc., Global Software, Inc., insightsoftware.com Inc., LOMOSOFT GmbH, The Pinnacle Corporation and Professional Datasolutions, Inc.
- Francisco Partners in its acquisition of Dynamo Software Ltd. and certain other subsidiaries and assets of Dynamo Group. Ltd. and Dynamo Software in its acquisition of Q-Biz Solutions, LLC.
- Susquehanna Growth Equity and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving iContracts, Inc., MediSpend, MSCI Inc., Payoneer Inc., Poppulo, Real Capital Analytics, Inc., Reorg Research, Inc., Workfront, Inc. and XebiaLabs, Inc.
- CVC Growth Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Icario, Inc.
- Ministry Brands, LLC (a portfolio company of Insight Venture Partners) in its transactions involving The ACTIVE Network Inc., Abila, Inc., Aptify Corporation and Insight Venture Partners.
- Tower Three Partners LLC and its portfolio companies in its transactions involving NTS, Inc. and the Paslin Group.
- Thompson Street Capital Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in SmartProcure, Inc. and its growth investment in Green Mountain Technology, LLC and SmartProcure, Inc. in its acquisition of Fedmine, LLC.
- Brighton Park Capital, as lead investor, in an investment in Glassbox Ltd.
- Tidemark Capital, as a minority investor, in a Tiger Global-led $175 million investment in Contentful Global, Inc.
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- Topgolf International, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners, Dundon Capital Partners and WestRiver Group) in its $2.5 billion merger of equals with Callaway Golf Company.
- Payrix (a portfolio company of PSG and Blue Star Innovation Partners) in it sale to FIS (f/k/a Fidelity National Information Services).
- Guggenheim Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Dick Clark Productions.
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisitions of NTI Connect and Peak Utility Services Group, Inc.
- CAI Software, LLC in its sale to Symphony Technology Group.
- Iron Mountain, Inc. in its sale of its online backup & recovery, digital archiving and eDiscovery solutions.
- Cherwell Software LLC in its sale to Ivanti, Inc. (a portfolio company of Clearlake Capital and TA Associates).
- Paycor, Inc. in its sale to Apax Partners.
- CommentSold, Inc. and its founding shareholders in the sale of a majority stake to ZMC Advisors.
Kevin is ranked Band 1 for Private Equity: Buyouts in Massachusetts by Chambers USA, where clients say he is “the whole package…a bright legal mind who's also commercial” and a “fantastic strategist, an excellent practitioner and a top-end partner” who has “seen such a huge volume and continues to see such a high volume of work, so very little that happens in a deal catches him off guard.” He is also recognized as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for Private Equity in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and is recommended for Private Equity Buyouts by Legal 500 US. Kevin is included in Lawdragon’s “500 Leading Dealmakers in America” list and was also named 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law in Boston by Best Lawyers in America. He was also ranked third for handling 25 deals in the 2021 “Top Mid Cap M&A Lawyers in North America” by MergerLinks.