Kenny received his J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School and his B.A. in Peace and Conflict Studies from the University of Waterloo.
Kenny has been a member of teams representing various parties in a number of in-court restructurings and other matters, including:
Debtor/Company Side Experience:
- Scandinavian Airlines, an airline holding company based in Sweden in connection with its restructuring efforts.
- Serta Simmons Bedding, LLC, one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of mattresses in North America, in connection with its chapter 11 case with approximately $1.9 billion in debt obligations.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc., one of the nation’s largest oilfield service companies with more than 2,400 employees, in connection with its chapter 11 cases and sale of substantially all of its assets.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA, and its affiliates, Arctic Aviation Assets DAC, in their U.S. chapter 15 cases to obtain recognition of the restructuring of $5.9 billion of liabilities through Irish examinership and Norwegian reconstruction proceedings.
- EP Energy Corporation, and its affiliated debtors, a public oil and natural gas exploration and production company, in connection with their chapter 11 cases involving approximately $4.9 billion in funded debt obligations.
Creditor/Sponsor/Other Party Experience:
- An ad hoc group of secured noteholders in connection with the prepackaged chapter 11 cases of Nautical Solutions, L.L.C., a marine shipping servicer.
- Represented an ad hoc group of secured lenders to Nordic Aviation Capital, the world’s largest regional aircraft lessor, on bespoke restructuring transactions for multiple aviation financing structures implemented under pre-arranged U.S. chapter 11 proceedings, including a consensual remarketing and mortgage enforcement for certain financing arrangements.