Katie Simmonds is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Simmonds assists in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ms. Simmonds has been part of the teams advising:
- Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Reynolds American Inc. in the $60.6 billion sale to British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BAT) of the 57.8% of Reynolds stock that BAT did not already own
- Sanofi in its $11.6 billion acquisition of Bioverativ Inc.
- athenaheath, Inc. in its pending $5.7 billion sale to Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital (an affiliate of Elliott Management Corporation) and planned combination with Virence Health
- Straight Path Communications Inc. in its $3.1 billion sale to Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Avista Capital Holdings, in its pending stock-for-stock merger with Organogenesis Inc. and its proposed $924 million merger with Envigo International Holdings, Inc.
- Heartland Dental Care, LLC in the sale, by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and other existing shareholders, of a majority stake in Heartland to KKR & Co., with Ontario Teachers' retaining a sizeable ownership stake
- Irving Place Capital Management and Agiliti Holdco, Inc. (f/k/a Universal Hospital Services, Inc.) in Agliti’s combination with Federal Street Acquisition Corp. (FSAC), a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, in a new holding company formed by FSAC named Agiliti Health, Inc., having an implied enterprise value of approximately $1.74 billion
Ms. Simmonds received her L.L.B. and B.Com from the University of Sydney.