Mr. Whitford has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisitions of FleetPride, Inc. and Acuren
- The Blackstone Group in the investment by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities in Sema4 and as controlling shareholder of Vivint Solar, in the sale of Vivint to Sunrun Inc. via an all-stock transaction and the subsequent sale by The Blackstone Group of shares in Vivint Solar to Coatue Management
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Blackstone and GIC, in, together with Thomson Reuters Corporation, the $27 billion sale of Refinitiv (f/k/a Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk business)
- EQT Partners and its portfolio company Sivantos Pte. Ltd. (n/k/a WS Audiology A/S) in its acquisition of Clearwater Clinical Limited
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its acquisition of Restaurant Technologies, Inc.
- The NORDAM Group, Inc. in its receipt of a minority investment from The Carlyle Group to finance in part NORDAM’s exit from chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Premise Health Holding Corp. and Oxford Properties Group as an investor in the $1.6 billion capital raise for Lineage Logistics
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in the sale of THL Credit Advisors LLC to First Eagle Investment Management, LLC
- TPG Global, in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Whitford was a Mergers & Acquisitions associate at another international law firm.
Mr. Whitford received his J.D. from the University of Toronto where he was Senior Editor of the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review and the Journal of International Law and International Relations. He received his Master of Global Affairs (Capital Markets) from the University of Toronto.