Joseph Godio is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Godio participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Godio has participated in advising:
- CoStar Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Off Campus Partners, LLC
- Churchill Capital Corp III, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $5.7 billion merger with MultiPlan, Inc. that has an enterprise value based on the transaction of approximately $11 billion
- Fortress Value Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Fortress Investment Group, in its pending acquisition of Secure Natural Resources and MP Materials, together the owner and operator of Mountain Pass in a stock-for-stock transaction that values the combined company at $1.5 billion
- The Home Depot, Inc. in its acquisition of certain assets of The Company Store Group, LLC
- Mudrick Capital Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by Mudrick Capital, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Hycroft Mining Corporation, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $537 million
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) in the formation of Trivium Packaging through a combination of OTPP's portfolio company, Exal Corporation, with the Food & Specialty Metal Packaging business of Ardagh Group
- Secured noteholders of Seadrill Ltd. in connection with its chapter 11 restructuring
- Sears Holdings Corporation in the $5.2 billion sale of its core assets to ESL Investments Inc. in connection with its chapter 11 proceedings
- SoftBank Group Corp. (SBG) in its agreement to provide $6.5 billion in debt and equity financing to WeWork, to make a $3 billion tender offer to holders of WeWork shares, other than SBG and its affiliates, and in connection with revisions to the WeWork governance structure
- Takata Corporation in its $1.6 billion asset sale to Key Safety Systems Inc. through a chapter 11 plan
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its $1.3 billion acquisition of TRANZACT
Mr. Godio received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.A. from West Chester University of Pennsylvania.