Jonathan Calka is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Calka participates in the representation of public and private companies, as well as private equity funds, in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Calka has been part of the teams advising:
- General Electric Company in its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets.
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $5.4 billion acquisition of the animal health business of Novartis AG.
- General Electric Company in its $3.4 billion sale of GE Water to Suez.
- Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. in its $2.67 billion merger with Waste Connections, Inc.
- L’Oréal USA in its $1.2 billion acquisition of IT Cosmetics, LLC.
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (FNF) in a series of transactions that brought about the tax-free distribution of its interest in Black Knight Financial Services, Inc. (n/k/a Black Knight, Inc.), to owners of FNF Group, following which Black Knight became an independent, publicly traded company.
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in its $229 million acquisition of Commissions, Inc.
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of Aimbridge Hospitality, L.P.
- Altas Partners together with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, as leaders of a group of investors including management, in the acquisition of Capital Vision Services, LP.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of DiversiTech Corporation.
Mr. Calka received his J.D., cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University School of Law and his B.A. from Dickinson College.