Mr. Karantonis has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisition of Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc.
- B&G Crane Service LLC (a subsidiary of NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Corp.) in its sale to Maxim Crane Works LP
- Goldman Sachs in its sale of an approximately 30% stake in ProQuest LLC
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its acquisition of Restaurant Technologies, Inc.
- Irving Place Capital in its sale of Caribbean Financial Group Holdings, L.P.
- Kainos Capital in its acquisition of Olde Thompson Inc.
- KIK Custom Products, Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners) in its acquisition of NC Brands LP (f/k/a Natural Chemistry)
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of Paradigm Outcomes and its acquisition of a controlling stake in Premise Health Holding Corp.
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Karantonis was a Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity associate in the Sydney office of a top-tier Australian law firm, where he was part of the teams advising a wide variety of Australian and international public, private, government, sovereign wealth, strategic and private equity clients.
Mr. Karantonis received his LL.B., with Honors, from The University of New South Wales (UNSW) Australia, where he graduated 12th in his class and was on the Dean’s list, and was coach of the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot team. Mr. Karantonis also received his B.Eng. (Civil), with Honors, from UNSW Australia, where he co-authored a paper with Professor David Carmichael on options pricing methodologies in the Journal of Financial Management of Property and Construction. Mr. Karantonis received his GDLP from The Australian National University.