Jenny Liu is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Ms. Liu participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ms. Liu has been part of the teams advising:
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisition of Stewart Tubular Products, Inc.
- Avolon Holdings Limited in its $10 billion acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners in the A$380 million sale of Billabong International Limited to Boardriders, Inc.
- Innospec, Inc. in its $225 million acquisition of the European surfactants business of Huntsman Corporation
- J.C. Flowers & Co., as co-leader of an investment group, in that group's acquisition of CitiFinancial Canada Inc. (n/k/a Fairstone Financial Inc.)
- Lee Equity Partners, indirectly through InterLuxe Holdings LLC, in the acquisition of certain entities which comprise the Mackage business
- OMERS Private Equity, together with Harvest Partners, in the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with Document Technologies Inc.
Ms. Liu received her J.D. from Cornell Law School, where she was an editor of the Cornell Law Review and published her student note, titled “Reframing Commodity Pools in the Wake of Dodd-Frank and the Volcker Rule.” She received her B.A., cum laude, from the University of California San Diego.