Jennifer Yoon is an associate in Weil’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Yoon participates in the representation of Firm clients in a variety of matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use and commercial exploitation of intellectual property and technology.
Prior to joining Weil, Ms. Yoon was an intellectual property and technology transactions associate at an international law firm. In 2012, Ms. Yoon was seconded to Teva Pharmaceuticals, where she worked on various commercial transactions, including supply, distribution, manufacturing, clinical trial, services and consulting arrangements.
Ms. Yoon received her J.D. from Rutgers School of Law-Camden, her LL.M. in Intellectual Property Law from Boston University School of Law, and her B.S. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Ms. Yoon has been part of the teams advising:
- Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Reynolds American Inc. in Reynolds’ $60.6 billion sale to British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BAT) of the 57.8% of Reynolds stock that BAT did not already own.
- Sanofi in its $25 billion exchange of Merial, its animal health business, for the consumer healthcare business of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH and in its $11.6 billion acquisition of Bioverativ Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $960 million acquisition of CoLucid Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- VIVUS, Inc. in a licensing and supply arrangement with Metuchen Pharmaceuticals LLC.
- Avolon Holdings Limited in its $10 billion acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity and Berkshire Partners in their $3.85 billion sale of Husky IMS International Ltd.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. in its $3.3 billion sale to American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, together with Summit Partners, in the sale of Systems Maintenance Services, Inc. to Partners Group.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisitions of Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc. and Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company, LLC.
- Dex Media, Inc. (n/k/a DexYP) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in its acquisition of YP Holdings LLC.
- Doncasters Group Limited in its $440 million sale of Nelson Fasteners Systems
- TPG Growth in its minority investment in SutroVax, Inc.