Mr. Bobrow has been recognized in the field of Intellectual Property: Patent by Chambers USA 2007-2017 and Chambers Global 2013-2018, with sources describing him as “a phenomenal practitioner; one of the smartest lawyers you will ever meet” “who handles complex matters and gets great results” and is “probably the finest patent litigator I have ever worked with. He has a keen intellect and a good sense of what will resonate with judges and juries.” He has been named a leading patent litigation attorney in California by IAM Patent Litigation 250 Magazine 2011 and by IAM Patent 1000 2012-2017. He has also been recognized as an “IP Star” in California by Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars since 2013, and was selected among the “Top IP Attorneys” in California for 2011, 2016 and 2017 by the Daily Journal, a leading legal publication in California. He has been recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a “Local Litigation Star” since 2014 and as a “National Star” since 2018.
Mr. Bobrow teaches patent litigation at U.C. Berkeley Law School, and has spoken and written on patent law, patent litigation, and trade secret matters.
Mr. Bobrow graduated in 1986 from Columbia Law School, where he served on the Columbia Law Review. In 1986 and 1987, he clerked for the Honorable Charles P. Sifton (E.D.N.Y.).
Mr. Bobrow offers the following experience:
- First-chairing patent jury trials
- Lead counsel in numerous patent infringement actions in federal district court
- First-chairing dozens of claim construction, summary judgment, and preliminary injunction hearings
- Expertise in handling IPR and CBMR proceedings
- Arguing before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Handling complex, multi-jurisdictional disputes
- Litigating and counseling on trade secret matters, including TROs, seizures, and preliminary injunctions
His industry experience includes:
- Integrated circuit design
- Semiconductor process technology
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Medical devices
- Network communications, protocols, and storage
- Wireless technologies
- Internet, Web, and e-commerce
- Software and databases