James Higgins is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Higgins participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Higgins has been part of the teams advising:
- AK Steel Corporation in its $360 million acquisition of Precision Partners Holding Company
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Brookfield Property Partners L.P. (BPY) in BPY's $14.4 billion acquisition of the approximately 66% of common stock that it did not already own of GGP Inc. (f/k/a General Growth Properties Inc.)
- Centennial Resource Development, Inc. (f/k/a Silver Run Acquisition Corp.) (a portfolio company of Riverstone Holdings) in its $1 billion PIPE offering of 101 million shares of common stock to finance, in part, its $1.7 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in Centennial Resource Production, LLC
- Delta Topco Limited in its $7.8 billion sale to Liberty Media Corporation
- General Electric Company in its $3.4 billion sale of GE Water to SUEZ Environnement SA
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC in its $4.6 billion sale of substantially all of its global business to Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
Mr. Higgins received his LL.M from Queen’s University Belfast and University of Virginia School of Law, and his MSc from Queen’s University Belfast.