Prior to joining Weil, Jagannath was a member of the banking and leveraged finance team at a magic circle firm in London for over six years. He has also spent a total of 12 months on client secondments in London, spending six months covering the export credit and project finance team at Standard Chartered Bank in 2012 and a further six months covering the structured equity transaction group at Deutsche Bank in 2015.
Jagannath holds a B.A., LL.B. (Hons) from the National Law School of India University and a European Masters in Law & Economics (LL.M.) jointly awarded by Erasmus University Rotterdam and the University of Manchester.
Representative experience* includes advising:
- Goldman Sachs, Park Square Capital and Partners Group on the first and second lien £1.22 billion-equivalent cov-lite refinancing package for IVC Acquisition Ltd (an EQT portfolio company)
- Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and the other mandated lead arrangers in connection with the €865 million first lien and €230 million second lien facilities for EQT’s acquisition of Azelis S.A.
- DNB Bank on the all-senior loan financing for Investcorp’s acquisition of Cambio Healthcare Systems
- The mandated lead arrangers on the first and second lien facilities to finance Cinven’s acquisition of Envirotainer A.B.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in relation to the establishment of its €3 billion unitranche direct lending fund as a joint venture with Park Square Capital
- Warburg Pincus on the financing for their acquisition of a joint-controlling stake in Computer Age Management Systems
- KKR Credit on a PIK facility in connection with Investcorp’s acquisition of Kee Safety Group
- Ares Management on a £150 million second lien facility for Onex Partners’ acquisition of Parkdean Resorts
- Advent International on the $110 million-equivalent synthetic Indian rupee loan to refinance existing debt and equity in connection with the acquisition of a controlling stake in Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals
- IHS Holding Ltd in relation to a $120 million super-senior revolving credit facility entered into in connection with a $800 million 9.5% senior unsecured notes issuance
* Experience prior to joining Weil