Jackie Cohen is a partner in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Cohen regularly represents public and private companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. She regularly represents acquirors, targets, buyout groups, boards of directors, special committees, investment banks, investors and shareholder groups in complex domestic and international negotiated and unsolicited transactions.
- General Electric Company in its $2.6 billion sale of GE Industrial Solutions
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Avista Capital Holdings, in its proposed $924 million merger with Envigo International Holdings, Inc.
- Doncasters Group Limited in its pending $440 million sale of Nelson Fasteners Systems
- York Capital Management, Valinor Management and Halcyon Capital Management, principal equity owners of NextDecade, LLC, in the $1 billion reverse merger of NextDecade with SPAC Harmony Merger Corp.
- HNA Group Co. Ltd. in its $6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Inc., Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. and Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. (collectively, f/k/a Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.) from affiliates of The Blackstone Group
- IHS Inc. in its $13 billion merger of equals with Markit Limited
- General Electric Company and Synchrony Financial in connection with the separation and initial public offering of Synchrony Financial (GE Capital’s North American retail finance business) and in GE’s $20.4 billion offer to exchange Synchrony common stock for GE common stock, completing the separation of Synchrony from GE
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in, together with Apollo Global Management, the acquisition of a controlling interest in CareerBuilder, LLC
- The Kroger Company in its strategic partnership with, and investment in, Lucky’s Market
- Atos S.E. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of the information technology outsourcing business of Xerox Corporation
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its approximately $855 million acquisition of GrafTech International Ltd.
- Sanofi in connection with its $20.1 billion acquisition of U.S. biotechnology firm Genzyme Corp.
- NBC Universal and parent General Electric in GE’s $37.25 billion joint venture with Comcast for ownership of NBC Universal and Comcast’s cable channels and regional sports networks and, thereafter, GE in the $18.1 billion sale of its remaining 49 percent stake in NBCUniversal and related real estate to Comcast
- DIRECTV in its $28.5 billion stock-for-stock merger with Liberty Entertainment
Ms. Cohen was selected as one of M&A Advisor’s 2012 “40 Under 40” honorees, an award that recognizes attorneys under the age of 40 for their accomplishments and expertise in the M&A field. She is also a “Rising Star” for M&A by IFLR1000, and has also been recognized by Legal 500 US and Chambers USA. Ms. Cohen is a member of the Board of Directors of the Make-a-Wish Foundation of Metro New York.