Ivor is Of Counsel and head of the Employment practice in London.
Ivor advises on the full range of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious. He has extensive experience advising on the employment aspects of a wide variety of private equity, M&A and outsourcing transactions, as well as restructuring schemes and IPOs.
Ivor has been recognised for his employment law expertise by Chambers UK where he is a “noted expert in transactional employment concerns” and praised by clients as “exhibiting sound judgement in highly sensitive situations” and for his “phenomenal commitment” and ability “to succinctly explain problems and outline different approaches”.
Representative experience includes advising on the employment aspects of:
- Ongoing advice to various private equity and corporate clients, including on the recruitment and dismissal of senior executives and investment professionals across Europe
- Willis Group on its $18 billion merger with Towers Watson
- Equiniti Group on its initial public offering and listing on the London Stock Exchange
- KPMG as joint administrators in the special administration of MFG UK
- Sanofi’s exchange of its animal health business for the consumer healthcare business of Boehringer Ingelheim
- Singapore Exchange’s takeover of The Baltic Exchange
- Harsco Corporation in the sale of its infrastructure business to a joint venture with Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of Civica from 3i Group Plc
- OMERS Private Equity in its sale of V.Group to an affiliate of Advent International as well as in its initial acquisition of V.Group Limited
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisition of Brammer plc
- Oaktree Capital Management in the sale of the UK operations of Fitness First Limited to Dave Whelan Sports
- Innospec, Inc. in its acquisition of the European surfactants business of Huntsman Corporation
- Gores Group in its joint venture agreement with Premier Foods in the Hovis business