Irene Kim is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Ms. Kim participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Ms. Kim has been part of the teams advising:
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisitions of Pioneer Metal Finishing, LLC, Xpress Global Systems, LLC and Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc.; Vander-Bend Manufacturing’s acquisitions of J.L. Haley Enterprises, Inc. and of substantially all the assets of TMK Manufacturing, Inc.; and Pioneer’s acquisition of Pilkington Metal Finishing LLC
- Belmond Ltd. in its $3.2 billion sale to LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE
- Berkshire Partners in, together with TPG Growth and other investors, a $275 million investment in Precision Medicine Group, Inc.; and in its sale of HMT LLC
- The Blackstone Group in the acquisition by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities of Concert Golf Partners
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in a consortium that also includes Blackstone and GIC, in, together with Thomson Reuters Corporation, the $27 billion sale of Refinitiv (f/k/a Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk business); and as a member of a consortium led by EQT in that consortium’s $2.7 billion acquisition of Waystar, Inc.
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of PureStar
- Culligan International Company (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its acquisition of TWH Filtration Industries, Inc. including its principal subsidiary Paragon Water Systems Inc.
- Cunningham Lindsey U.S. Inc. (a portfolio company of CVC Capital Partners) in its sale to Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
- EQT Partners and its portfolio company Sivantos Pte. Ltd. (n/k/a WS Audiology A/S) in its acquisitions of Clearwater Clinical Limited and TruHearing, Inc.
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its sale of Power Products’ Global Marine and Mobile Business to Brunswick Corporation
- GS Infrastructure Partners, as part of an investor group, in the group's sale of a 30% stake in Vertical Bridge REIT, LLC
- H&R Block, Inc. in its $405 million acquisition of Wave Financial Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition TimeClock Plus
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisition of Chatmeter, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. in its acquisition via a 363 asset sale of certain assets of True Health Diagnostics and its parent, THG Holdings
- TCV as lead investor in a $200 million Series C funding round for Capsule Corporation
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in the sale of THL Credit Advisors LLC to First Eagle Investment Management, LLC and Intermedix Corporation in its $460 million sale to R1 RCM Inc.
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million
- Trive Capital in its acquisition of Picture Head Holdings, LLC and subsidiaries
Ms. Kim received her J.D. from Boston College Law School, her LL.M. from New York University School of Law and her B.A. from Brown University.