He has advised leading private equity sponsors and corporates on a wide range of cross-border and domestic acquisitions, disposals, restructurings, listings and general corporate and commercial matters. Prior to relocating to the United Kingdom, Hein worked at a leading South African law firm.
- Bain Capital on its acquisition, together with Nextalia, of the Deltatre group.
- Sun Capital Partners on the $540m sale of the C&K group.
- Bain Capital on its €1.7bn acquisition of Valeo Foods.
- technology companies on growth, funding and minority investment matters.
- Providence Equity Partners on its £300m acquisition of Node 4.
- Kantar (a portfolio company of Bain Capital) on the $375m carve-out and sale of its Health division
- Advent International on the $3bn merger of the TSG and Clearent groups.
- Exide on the $560m credit bid sale of its European and rest of world business to its noteholders.
- the Ellerman Group on the sale of the Ritz Hotel and related operations.
- H/2 Capital Partners on creditor, corporate and restructuring matters relating to the Four Seasons Health Care group.
- Lee Equity Partners on the acquisition of the McLarens group.
- Westinghouse on the $4.6 billion sale of its global business to Brookfield.
- OMERS Private Equity on its £820m acquisition of the Alexander Mann group.
- Equiniti on its rights issue.
- General Electric on the European aspects of its $6.9 billion sale of its fleet businesses to Element Financial Corporation and Arval Service Lease S.A.
- the ad hoc committee of senior secured noteholders on the restructuring of Edcon Limited
- Advent International on the initial public offering and listing on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange of Equiniti
- General Electric on the European aspects of its sale of its global Commercial Distribution Finance business as part of its $32bn sale of its CDF and North American Vendor Finance and Corporate Finance platforms to Wells Fargo & Co.