Mr. Guthrie has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. in its $14.6 billion merger with Discovery Communications, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $25 billion exchange of Merial, its animal health business, for the consumer healthcare business of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- SoftBank Group Corp. (SBG) in its agreement to provide $6.5 billion in debt and equity financing to WeWork, to make a $3 billion tender offer to holders of WeWork shares, other than SBG and its affiliates, and in connection with revisions to the WeWork governance structure
- Sears Holdings Corporation in the $5.2 billion sale of its core assets to ESL Investments Inc. in connection with its chapter 11 proceedings
- General Electric Company in its $2.6 billion sale of GE Industrial Solutions to ABB
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Felix Energy
- Takata Corporation in its $1.6 billion asset sale to Key Safety Systems Inc. through a chapter 11 plan
- Sanofi in its up to $750 million acquisition of Protein Sciences Corporation
- Equiniti Group plc (a publicly traded company backed by Advent International Corporation) in its $227 million acquisition of Wells Fargo Shareowner Services
- Aéropostale, Inc. in its $243 million 363 bankruptcy sale to a consortium
- Ditech Holding Corporation (f/k/a Walter Investment Management Corp.) in its evaluation of strategic alternatives and ultimate $1.1 billion sale of Ditech Financial LLC to New Residential Investment Corp. and $762 million sale of Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. to Mortgage Assets Management, LLC
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. in its acquisition via a 363 asset sale of certain assets of True Health Diagnostics and its parent, THG Holdings
Mr. Guthrie received his Juris Doctor and his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Technology, Sydney. He practiced at Herbert Smith Freehills in Australia for several years before joining Weil in 2016.