Hayden Guthrie is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Guthrie advises public and private companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and restructurings. Mr. Guthrie also has significant experience advising on complex cross-border matters and provides counsel regarding general corporate matters and corporate governance issues. Mr. Guthrie previously worked in Sydney, Australia where he specialized in mergers and acquisitions and initial public offerings.
Mr. Guthrie has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. in its pending $14.6 billion merger with Discovery Communications, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $25 billion exchange of Merial, its animal health business, for the consumer healthcare business of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Sanofi in its up to $750 million acquisition of Protein Sciences Corporation
- Equiniti Group plc (a publicly traded company backed by Advent International Corporation) in its $227 million acquisition of Wells Fargo Shareowner Services
- Aéropostale, Inc. in its $243 million 363 bankruptcy sale to a consortium
Mr. Guthrie received his Juris Doctor and his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Technology, Sydney. He practiced at Herbert Smith Freehills in Australia for several years before joining Weil in 2016.