Mr. Guthrie has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. in its $14.6 billion merger with Discovery Communications, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $25 billion exchange of Merial, its animal health business, for the consumer healthcare business of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Sanofi in its up to $750 million acquisition of Protein Sciences Corporation
- Equiniti Group plc (a publicly traded company backed by Advent International Corporation) in its $227 million acquisition of Wells Fargo Shareowner Services
- Aéropostale, Inc. in its $243 million 363 bankruptcy sale to a consortium
Mr. Guthrie received his Juris Doctor and his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Technology, Sydney. He practiced at Herbert Smith Freehills in Australia for several years before joining Weil in 2016.