Hancen Yu is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Mr. Yu participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Yu has been part of the teams advising:
- Aimbridge Hospitality Holdings, LLC in its sale to Advent International.
- American Securities in its acquisitions of CPM Holdings, Inc. and Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P.
- Berkshire Partners and its portfolio company Parts Town LLC in its acquisition of Heritage Food Service Group.
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Hellman & Friedman, Blackstone and GIC, in the consortium’s $11 billion take-private of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc.; in the merger of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. with Kronos Incorporated in a deal that values the combined company at $22 billion on an enterprise value basis; and in the pending recapitalization of Berlin Packaging L.L.C., resulting in CPPIB and Oak Hill Capital Partners having joint control of Berlin.
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of PureStar.
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- InfraRed Capital Partners in its $396 million sale of a majority stake to Sun Life Financial Inc.
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of a majority stake in Vericity, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Premise Health Holding Corp. and in its acquisition of Paradigm Outcomes.
- Snow Phipps Group in its sale of Kele, Inc.
Mr. Yu received his J.D. from Washington University School of Law and his LL.B. from Renmin University of China.