Grace Ly is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Silicon Valley. Grace participates in the representation of public and private companies in a variety of transactional matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, equity investments and divestitures.
Grace has been part of the teams advising:
- Claire’s Inc. in its prearranged chapter 11 cases involving the restructuring of more than $2 billion in funded debt, and a related rights offering
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Ohio Transmission Corporation; its sales of Infinite Electronics, Inc., Pretium Packaging, LLC and ECM Industries, LLC; and, together with TA Associates, the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital
- The Gores Group in its sale of Elo Touch Solutions, Inc.
- Gores Guggenheim, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of The Gores Group and Guggenheim Capital, in its pending $20 billion business combination with Polestar Performance AB
- Gores Metropoulos II, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by Gores Metropoulos Sponsor II LLC (an affiliate of The Gores Group and Dean Metropoulos), in its $2.2 billion business combination with Sonder Holdings
- Koshidaka Holdings Co., Ltd. in the U.S. aspects of its acquisition of Curves and Curves for Women II, L.C.
- Merz North America, Inc. (a subsidiary of Merz Pharma GmbH) in its acquisition of On Light Sciences, Inc.
- Micron Technology, Inc. in the pending sale of its Lehi, UT fab for $900 million in cash
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation in its sale of ITC Global, Inc.
- Select Interior Concepts, Inc. in its acquisition of substantially all the assets of Intown Design, Inc. and affiliates
- SoftBank Vision Fund, together with Toyota Motor Corporation and DENSO Corporation, in a $1 billion investment in the Advanced Technologies Group of Uber Technologies Inc.
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc. and SocialChorus, Inc. in its merger with Dynamic Signal Inc.
- Tidewater Inc. in its $1.25 billion combination with GulfMark Offshore, Inc.
- Trive Capital in its $330 million acquisition of EarthLink, LLC; its sale of Southern Towing Company, LLC; and Valence Surface Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of Triumph Processing, Inc.
Grace received her J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law and her B.A., cum laude, from University of California at Los Angeles. While in law school, Grace interned at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Student Honors Program in the Division of Enforcement at the San Francisco Regional Office. She also served as President of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association and was a recipient of Weil’s 2016 Diversity Fellowship.