George specialises in complex technology and IP transactions, data privacy/cyber security and commercial contract matters. He has advised major international companies, investment funds and start-ups on a range of issues including on the technology, IP and data privacy aspects of corporate transactions, IT procurement and outsourcing projects (including software development, data analytics and cloud computing arrangements), technology transfers, international licensing arrangements and disputes, strategic alliances and joint ventures as well as general commercial matters such as manufacturing, supply and distribution arrangements.
George also advises clients on data privacy and cyber security matters including compliance with the GDPR and other European data privacy laws, particularly in the context of corporate and technology transactions.
Representative experience includes advising*:
- a US multinational telecommunications company on its multi-billion dollar agreement to sell its Swiss cable TV business
- one of the UK’s largest master trust pension providers on its multi-million pound strategic procurement of software and outsourcing of related software development, maintenance and support services
- an international student accommodation provider on its multi-million euro joint venture for the development and operation of student accommodation sites across Europe
- on the management buy-out of Arkessa, the leading Internet of Things (IoT) managed services provider, to ECI Partners
- a European real estate fund on its procurement of data analytics services to measure and improve the experience of visitors to its retail shopping outlets
- an international food delivery app on the procurement of certain SaaS solutions for its internal business processes
- an international toy manufacturer on the collection, use and exploitation of personal data in respect of a new international marketing initiative
- a global fashion brand on its compliance with European data privacy laws including in respect of its internal policies and procedures as well as its external data sharing arrangements
- a luxury car manufacturer on the settlement of a series of IP licensing disputes relating to the production of clothes, jewellery and smart phones
George also advises on pro-bono matters including as a member of the Innocence Project Initiative.
Prior to joining Weil, George was an associate in a top-tier TMT practice of an international law firm in London.
*includes experience from previous firms