Faiza Rahman is a partner in Weil’s Capital Markets practice and is based in New York.
Faiza advises issuers, private equity sponsors and underwriters in connection with public and private offerings of securities and other capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, investment grade and high yield debt offerings and tender and exchange offers. She also advises issuers on SEC filings and reporting requirements.
Faiza is recognized as a leading lawyer for Capital Markets: Debt & Equity by Chambers USA, where clients note she is “an outstanding lawyer and her ability to recollect prior transactions is incredibly helpful, and it makes deals much smoother.” She is recognized as a “Next Generation Partner” for Capital Markets: Debt and Equity by Legal 500 US, where clients note she is “accessible 100% of the time and provides invaluable advice,” and “does a tremendous job of balancing legal and business issues.” Faiza is also recognized as a “Rising Star” for Capital Markets: Debt & Equity in the U.S. by IFLR1000. She is recognized as an expert in Capital Markets by Expert Guides’ “Women in Business Law.” Faiza was also recognized as a 2017 “Rising Star” by the New York Law Journal and won the 2017 “Rising Star in Finance” Award at Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards. She was named among Law360’s 2016 “Rising Stars” for Capital Markets and has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Securities & Corporate Finance by New York Super Lawyers since 2015.
- JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Citi and another major financial institution, as representatives of the initial purchasers, in an $8 billion 144A bond offering by an affiliate of Keurig Green Mountain (a portfolio company of JAB Holding Company), to finance the $23.1 billion merger of Keurig Green Mountain Inc. and Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.
- Allego Holding B.V. (a portfolio company of Meridiam Infrastructure Partners) in its pending $3.14 billion business combination with Spartan Acquisition Corp. III, a SPAC sponsored by Spartan Acquisition Sponsor III LLC (an affiliate of Apollo Global Management).
- JP Morgan and another major financial institution, as joint book-running managers and representatives of the underwriters, in a $2.375 billion senior bond offering by Parker Hannifin Corporation to finance in part its $3.675 billion acquisition of LORD Corporation.
- Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, SMBC Nikko Securities America and another financial institution, as representatives of the underwriters, in a $2.15 billion offering of senior unsecured notes by Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. (KDP), to repay existing indebtedness.
- The underwriters in offerings of $1.4 billion fixed rate senior notes, $900 million fixed rate senior notes and $400 million floating rate senior notes by Tyson Foods; and a $2.8 billion multi-tranche senior unsecured notes offering by Tyson Foods, Inc. to repay amounts outstanding under its term and commercial paper facilities and to finance all or a portion of its acquisition of the Thai and European operations of BRF SA.
- Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and another major financial institution, as representatives of the underwriters, in a $1.5 billion offering of senior unsecured notes by Keurig Dr. Pepper Inc., to repay existing indebtedness.
- Mudrick Capital Acquisition Corporation II, a SPAC sponsored by Mudrick Capital, in its pending $1.3 billion business combination with The Topps Company, Inc.
- Kronos Acquisition Holdings Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners), as the parent of KIK Custom Products, Inc., in its $1 billion 144A/Reg S offering of senior and senior secured notes, simultaneously with an amended $900 million senior secured term facility, to refinance existing indebtedness and for other corporate purposes.
- Black Knight, Inc. (BK) in a $1 billion private offering pursuant to Rule 144A of senior unsecured notes by its subsidiary Black Knight InfoServ, LLC to finance BK's acquisition of Optimal Blue Holdings, LLC.
- Aethon United BR LP (a subsidiary of Aethon United (a joint venture of Aethon Energy, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and Redbird Capital Partners)) in a $750 million 144A/Reg S offering of senior unsecured notes to refinance existing indebtedness.
- J.P. Morgan and two other financial institutions, as representatives of the underwriters, in a $650 million senior notes offering by Lear Corporation to refinance existing indebtedness.
- Citi, HSBC, J.P. Morgan and other major financial institutions, as joint book-running managers, in a $700 million senior notes offering by Lear Corporation to, in part, finance its acquisition of Xevo Inc.
- Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan, as representatives of the underwriters, in the approximately $263.6 million follow-on offering of common stock by Camping World Holdings, Inc. and certain selling stockholders.
- Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan and another major financial institution, as representatives of the underwriters, in a $2.75 billion senior notes offering by Tyson Foods to finance its $4.2 billion acquisition of AdvancePierre Foods and in the related representation of Morgan Stanley in providing fully committed bridge financing to Tyson Foods.
- Morgan Stanley, Citi and the other initial purchasers in $1.3 billion and €700 million 144A offerings of senior notes by Parker-Hannifin Corporation, to finance in part its $4.3 billion acquisition of CLARCOR Inc.
- AK Steel Corporation (AKS) in a consent solicitation with respect to its $662 million senior notes which were the object of an exchange offer by Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc. (CCI) in connection with CCI’s then-pending merger with AKS.
- Avista Public Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Avista Acquisition LP II (an affiliate of Avista Capital Holdings), in its $230 million initial public offering.
- Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan, as representatives of the several underwriters, in the $251 million initial public offering of Camping World Holdings, Inc.
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $900 million senior unsecured notes offering to finance in part its acquisition of Felix Energy, LLC.
- AK Steel Corporation in its $380 million senior secured notes offering to finance its simultaneous cash tender offer for all of a class of its outstanding senior secured notes, and its $280 million senior notes offering and $280 million cash tender offer for any and all of its outstanding 8.375% Senior Notes due 2022.
- DHC Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by DHC Sponsor, LLC, in its $309 million initial public offering.
- American Securities, as selling shareholder, in a $261 million secondary sale of shares in American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc.
- Lee Equity Partners, as a selling shareholder, in a $150 million secondary offering of common shares of Independent Bank Group, Inc.
- Tidewater Inc. in its $125 million tender offer for repurchase of senior secured notes and related consent solicitation.
- VIVUS, Inc. in a $110 million issuance of senior secured notes and of warrants for up to 3.3 million of its common shares to finance, in part, its $135 million acquisition of Pancreaze.
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc. (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $164 million initial public offering and in over $500 million in secondary offerings of common shares.
- INC Research, LLC (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in its $173 million initial public offering, and Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, as selling shareholders, in $847 million secondary offerings of common shares of INC.
- Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs in high grade commitment letters.
- Papa Murphy's Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners) in its $64 million initial public offering.
- Equiniti Newco 2 plc (a portfolio company of Advent International Corporation) in its issuance of £250 million fixed rate senior secured notes and £190 million floating rate senior secured notes on the Euro MTF market of the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Sotheby’s Inc. in its $300 million senior notes offering and in a $125 million share repurchase.
- Advent International in a $650 million notes offering to finance its acquisition of a majority stake in Serta and Simmons Bedding Company.
- Berkshire Partners and OMERS Private Equity in a $570 million senior unsecured notes offering to finance the acquisition of Husky Injection Molding Systems.
- General Growth Properties, Inc. in its historic $2.3 billion equity offering to fund its emergence from bankruptcy, one of the largest ever equity offerings by a REIT and the only such offering effectively undertaken while the issuer was in chapter 11.
- Softtek Integration Systems, Inc. (a subsidiary of Valores Corporativos Softtek, S.A. de C.V.) in its private placement of senior secured high yield notes to refinance existing indebtedness.