Faiza Rahman is a partner in the Firm’s Capital Markets practice.
Ms. Rahman advises issuers, private equity sponsors and underwriters in connection with public and private offerings of securities and other capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, investment grade and high yield debt offerings and tender and exchange offers. She also advises issuers on SEC filings and reporting requirements.
Ms. Rahman was recognized as a 2017 “Rising Star” by the New York Law Journal. She won the 2017 “Rising Star in Finance” Award at Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards and was named among Law360’s 2016 Rising Stars for Capital Markets. She is also ranked as a Rising Star in Capital Markets by IFLR1000 2018, named a Next Generation Lawyer in Capital Markets – Equity Offerings by The Legal 500 US 2017 and has been recognized as a Rising Star in Securities & Corporate Finance by New York Super Lawyers since 2015.
- VIVUS, Inc. in a $110 million issuance of senior secured notes and of warrants for up to 3.3 million of its common shares to finance, in part, its $135 million acquisition of Pancreaze, a pancreatic pharmaceutical treatment, from Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Inc.).
- JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Citi and another major financial institution, as representatives of the initial purchasers, in an $8 billion 144A bond offering by an affiliate of Keurig Green Mountain (a portfolio company of JAB Holding Company), to finance the $18.7 billion merger of Keurig Green Mountain Inc. and Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.
- The underwriters in offerings of $1.4 billion fixed rate senior notes and $400 million floating rate senior notes by Tyson Foods.
- Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan as representatives of the underwriters in the approximately $263.6 million follow-on offering of common stock by Camping World Holdings, Inc. and certain selling stockholders.
- Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan and another major financial institution as representatives of the underwriters in a $2.75 billion senior notes offering by Tyson Foods to finance its $4.2 billion acquisition of AdvancePierre Foods and in the related representation of Morgan Stanley in providing fully committed bridge financing to Tyson Foods.
- Morgan Stanley, Citi and the other initial purchasers in $1.3 billion and €700 million ($743 million) 144A offerings of senior notes by Parker-Hannifin Corporation, to finance in part its $4.3 billion acquisition of CLARCOR Inc.
- Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan as representatives of the several underwriters in the $251 million initial public offering of Camping World Holdings, Inc.
- AK Steel Corporation in its $380 million senior secured notes offering to finance its simultaneous cash tender offer for all of a class of its outstanding senior secured notes, and in its $280 million senior notes offering and its $280 million cash tender offer for any and all of its outstanding 8.375% Senior Notes due 2022.
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc. (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $164 million initial public offering and in over $500 million in secondary offerings of common shares.
- INC Research, LLC (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in its $173 million initial public offering, and Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, as selling shareholders, in aggregate $1.1 billion secondary offerings and buybacks of common shares of INC.
- Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs in high grade commitment letters.
- Papa Murphy's Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners) in its $64 million initial public offering.
- Equiniti Newco 2 plc (UK) (a portfolio company of Advent International Corporation) in its issuance of £250 million ($381 million) fixed rate senior secured notes and £190 million ($290 million) floating rate senior secured notes on the Euro MTF market of the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
- Sotheby’s Inc. in its $300 million senior notes offering and in a $125 million share repurchase.
- Advent International in a $650 million notes offering to finance its acquisition of a majority stake in Serta and Simmons Bedding Company.
- Berkshire Partners and OMERS Private Equity in a $570 million senior unsecured notes offering to finance the acquisition of Husky Injection Molding Systems (Canada).
- General Growth Properties, Inc. in its historic $2.3 billion equity offering to fund its emergence from bankruptcy, one of the largest ever equity offerings by a REIT and the only such offering effectively undertaken while the issuer was in chapter 11.