Mr. Levy has represented CIT, Colony Capital, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Fortress Investment Company, GIC, JPMorgan Chase, WeWork and other lenders and property owners in the origination, syndication, participation and securitization of unsecured credit facilities, mortgage loans and mezzanine loans. He has also advised some of the largest national and international real estate companies, including HCP Inc., Simon Property Group, Vornado Realty Trust, HEI Hotels & Resorts, The Praedium Group and Toys“R”Us. Mr. Levy also represents developers, equity investors and lenders in all aspects of the structuring, capitalization, financing and leasing of real estate development transactions. He has been involved in the development of major projects in New York, throughout the United States and across the world. In addition, Mr. Levy has extensive experience in OpCo-PropCo and financing transactions for gaming assets and companies, including transactions for the Atlantis Bahamas Resort, Boyd Gaming, Gaming and Leisure Properties, Penn Gaming, Pinnacle Gaming, Wynn Resorts, and the Resorts Atlantic City.
- Credit Suisse in U.S. and multinational single-asset and portfolio workouts, restructurings and bankruptcies
- Wells Fargo in the bankruptcy restructuring of the Tropicana Las Vegas Casino
- CIT Group in single asset and portfolio workouts and restructurings
- Deutsche Bank in single-asset and portfolio loan workouts and restructurings
- Real estate companies in the restructuring of secured and unsecured loans
- Public commercial mortgage REITs in the restructuring of their structured loan portfolios
Mr. Levy also represents issuers and underwriters of real estate securities, including private equity funds. Recent experience includes:
- Creation of private equity funds sponsored by Amherst Holdings, Dune Real Estate, Colony Capital, Fortress Investment Group, Babson Capital, Fir Tree Capital, Goodman Group and Och-Ziff Capital Management
- Offering and structuring of commercial mortgage-backed securities
- U.S. and cross-border mergers and acquisitions involving public and private real estate companies
- U.S. and international debt and equity offerings
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Levy was a partner at an international law firm. Mr. Levy is recognized as a leading lawyer for Real Estate Finance in New York by Chambers USA, where clients note "his ability to see all of the issues across the transaction is really impressive" and is recommended for Real Estate by Legal 500 US. He was named a 2016 Real Estate “MVP” by Law360 and noted as a Key Individual in Investment Funds: Real Estate by Chambers Global.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.