Erin Lacerna is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Ms. Lacerna participates in advising public and private companies, as well as private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, in a variety of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations and divestitures.
Ms. Lacerna has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition of Henry Company LLC and its sale of a majority stake in Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P.
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Blackstone and GIC, in the consortium’s acquisition of a 55% stake in Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk business (n/k/a Refinitiv), valued by the transaction at $20 billion; in, together as co-investor with Permira and GIC, the acquisition of a majority stake in Lytx, Inc., in a transaction that valued Lytx at more than $2.5 billion; and as, together with Silver Lake and Mubadala Investment Company, lead investors in the $2.25 billion first external investment round for Waymo LLC
- Culligan International Company (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited and in its acquisition of OASIS Corporation
- iContracts, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to RLDatix Ltd.
- J.Crew Group, Inc. (a portfolio company of TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners) in its $566.5 million private exchange with certain noteholders of its outstanding senior PIK toggle notes for $250 million of newly issued senior secured notes, shares of its 7% non-convertible perpetual preferred stock having an initial liquidation preference of up to $190 million, and shares of its common stock representing up to approximately 15% of its common equity
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth in its acquisitions of Chatmeter, Inc. and OpusCapita Solutions
- PSP Investments, as part of a global investor group, in the acquisition of ownership stakes in AlixPartners
Ms. Lacerna received her J.D. from New York University School of Law and her M.P.A. and B.A. from New York University.