Ms. Choi has handled all aspects of complex litigation proceedings, including fact and expert discovery, depositions, motion practice, hearings, trials, and appeals. Some of her recent notable experience includes serving on teams representing*:
- Sears Holdings in connection with its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings in the Southern District of New York;
- EP Energy in connection with its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings in the Southern District of Texas;
- A publicly traded, vertically integrated retailer in a trade secret misappropriation case in California;
- A market-leading 3D company in a successful patent infringement trial against the company's global competitor in the International Trade Commission;
- An integrated circuit manufacturer and its customers in a patent infringement trial in the Eastern District of Texas;
- A major U.S. location services company in obtaining a ruling invalidating all patent claims and allowing inequitable conduct counterclaims against the patent owner in the Eastern District of Virginia; and
- A leading U.S. retailer in obtaining a TRO and preliminary injunction against a former employee in Texas State Court.
Prior to joining Weil, Ms. Choi was a litigation associate at an international law firm. Ms. Choi has been selected as a Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers** from 2017-2019.
Ms. Choi received her J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law, where she served as Articles Editor of the Wake Forest Business & Intellectual Property Law Journal and as the Associate Chief Justice of the Wake Forest Moot Court Board. During law school, Ms. Choi served as a Summer Law Clerk to the Honorable Reed O’Connor, United States District Court, Northern District of Texas. She received her B.S. from Wake Forest University.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil. **Super Lawyers recognition is a Thomson Reuters service.