Erin has handled all aspects of complex litigation proceedings, including fact and expert discovery, depositions, motion practice, hearings, trials, and appeals. Some of her recent notable experience includes serving on teams representing*:
- EP Energy Corporation, and its affiliated debtors, a public oil and natural gas exploration and production company, in their chapter 11 cases involving approximately $4.9 billion in funded debt obligations, including in successful trials over contested backstop/plan support agreements (November 2019) and contested plan confirmation (February/March 2020). (S.D. Tex.)
- Kingfisher Midstream, LLC and its subsidiaries, a midstream oil and gas services business with substantial gas processing, crude oil gathering and storage, and produced water gathering and disposal assets, in their chapter 11 cases, including successful trial in contested sale hearing (January 2020). (S.D. Tex.)
- Sears Holdings, a prominent global retailer, in various trials surrounding its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, including defeating Section 507(b) surcharge claims of between $500 million and more than $1 billion asserted by lienholders (July 2019), and successful confirmation of the Debtors’ contested Chapter 11 plan (October 2019). (S.D.N.Y.)
- A publicly traded, vertically integrated retailer in a trade secret misappropriation case in California.
- A market-leading 3D company in a successful patent infringement trial against the company's global competitor in the International Trade Commission.
- An integrated circuit manufacturer and its customers in a patent infringement trial in the Eastern District of Texas.
- A major U.S. location services company in obtaining a ruling invalidating all patent claims and allowing inequitable conduct counterclaims against the patent owner in the Eastern District of Virginia.
- A leading U.S. retailer in obtaining a TRO and preliminary injunction against a former employee in Texas State Court.
Prior to joining Weil, Erin was a litigation associate at an international law firm. Erin has been selected as a Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers** from 2017-2021, and she was recognized in 2021-2022 in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch*** for commercial litigation.
Erin received her J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law, where she served as Articles Editor of the Wake Forest Business & Intellectual Property Law Journal and as the Associate Chief Justice of the Wake Forest Moot Court Board. During law school, Erin served as a Summer Law Clerk to the Honorable Reed O’Connor, United States District Court, Northern District of Texas. She received her B.S. from Wake Forest University.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.
**Super Lawyers recognition is a Thomson Reuters service.
*** Best Lawyers (in America) is by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners