Mr. Remijan has been part of several teams representing clients on a range of domestic and international acquisitions including:
- Adobe Systems Inc. in its $800 million acquisition of Fotolia LLC, $540 million acquisition of TubeMogul Inc., and acquisitions of Livefyre, Inc., Mixamo, Inc., Aviary, Inc., and of certain assets comprising the Digital Analytix business of comScore, Inc.;
- Advent International in its acquisition of Williams Lea Tag and in its $1.44 billion sale of MORSCO, Inc. to Reece Limited;
- Atos S.E. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of the information technology outsourcing business of Xerox Corporation;
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its pending approximately $4.8 billion acquisition of a 62% stake in Oaktree Capital Group, LLC;
- Brookfield Property Partners L.P. in its sale of IDI Logistics Realty to Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.;
- CSL Behring LLC (a subsidiary of CSL Limited) in its up to $416 million acquisition of Calimmune, Inc.;
- Dex Media, Inc. (d/b/a DexYP) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in its acquisition of YP Holdings LLC.;
- Eli Lilly and Company in its pending approximately $8 billion acquisition of Loxo Oncology, Inc.;
- Equiniti Group plc in its $227 million acquisition of Wells Fargo Shareowner Services;
- First Data Corporation in its $760 million acquisition of BluePay, Inc.;
- General Electric Capital Corporation in its $32 billion sale of its global Commercial Distribution Finance, North American Vendor Finance and North American Corporate Finance platforms to Wells Fargo & Co.;
- General Electric Company in its $2.6 billion sale of GE Industrial Solutions to ABB;
- The Gores Group in its sale of Elo Touch Solutions, Inc.;
- The Home Depot, Inc. in its acquisition of the assets of The Company Store Group, LLC;
- Intel Corporation in its $16.7 billion acquisition of Altera Corporation;
- Irving Place Capital and its portfolio company Pet Supplies Plus, LLC (PSP) in the sale of PSP to Sentinel Capital Partners;
- The Kroger Company in its up to $700 million acquisition of Relish Labs LLC (d/b/a Home Chef);
- Lee Equity Partners in its investment agreement with McLarens;
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its $400 million acquisition of Senior Whole Health, LLC;
- Noosa Yoghurt, LLC in its merger with Sovos Brands (both portfolio companies of Advent International);
- Rakuten USA, Inc. in its acquisition of Curbside, Inc.;
- RPC Group Plc in its acquisition of Letica Group;
- Serta Simmons Bedding LLC (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its merger with Fosbrooke, Inc. (d/b/a Tuft & Needle); and
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., in, together with KKR as investors in a newly formed company, that company's $1.4 billion take-private of PharMerica Corporation.
Mr. Remijan has also been part of several teams representing clients on a range of finance and capital markets transactions including:
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. in its $600 million issuance of senior unsecured convertible notes to Silver Lake to finance AMC's repurchase of a portion of its stock held by Dalian Wanda Group Co., AMC's majority owner, and to pay a special dividend;
- Dex Media, Inc. (d/b/a DexYP) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in an $825 million secured term facility to refinance and prepay existing indebtedness;
- Elanco Animal Health Incorporated in its $1.7 billion initial public offering to finance, primarily, its purchase of the portion of Lilly's animal health businesses Elanco is acquiring in connection with its spin-off from Lilly;
- Goldman Sachs Credit Partners in a $4.2 billion committed bridge facility to finance the proposed cash and stock acquisition by Lam Research Corporation of KLA-Tencor Corporation;
- Morgan Stanley and J.P. Morgan, as lead underwriters, in the $3.25 billion senior notes offering, $900 million common stock offering and $1.5 billion offering of tangible equity units by Tyson Foods, Inc. to finance its $8.55 billion acquisition of The Hillshire Brands Company;
- Morgan Stanley and the other underwriters in a $2.8 billion multi-tranche senior unsecured notes offering by Tyson Foods, Inc. to repay amounts outstanding under its term and commercial paper facilities and to finance all or a portion of its acquisition of the Thai and European operations of BRF SA;
- Signet Jewelers Limited in a $400 million senior notes offering to finance its approximately $1.4 billion acquisition of Zale Corporation; and
- Sears Holdings Corporation in $650 million incremental ABL revolving, incremental term and junior term debtor-in-possession facilities, part of a total $2.2 billion financing package, to provide liquidity during its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
In addition, Mr. Remijan has been part of teams representing Chassix Holdings, Inc. and Endeavour International Corporation in their respective chapter 11 cases and the official committee of unsecured creditors of SunEdison, Inc. in its chapter 11 case.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Remijan was an extern at the Joint Committee on Taxation of the U.S. Congress and a judicial extern at the U.S Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. In 2012 he had the privilege of presenting at the EUCOTAX Wintercourse on Global International Taxation held in Lodz, Poland.
Mr. Remijan is a member of the International Fiscal Association USA Branch and the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association. He was recognized by the New York State Bar Association as an Empire State Counsel for his pro bono work in 2013, 2015 and 2016.