Emilie Williams is an associate in Weil’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Williams represents clients in matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use, and commercial exploitation of technology and intellectual property. She has experience in private equity, M&A, financing and other corporate transactions, as well as in complex intellectual property transactions, such as licensing arrangements, intellectual property acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures and technology transfers.
Ms. Williams advises Firm clients in a range of industries, with an emphasis on the technology and financial services sectors. She also has significant experience advising Firm clients in the retail and consumer industry (including web-based companies), with a focus on matters relating to intellectual property, technology, e‑commerce and the use of the Internet in business. Ms. Williams has advised clients, including General Electric, Eli Lilly and Company, Intel, Yahoo, Mastercard, L’Oréal, Elizabeth Arden, Sanofi, JAB Holding Company and Goldman Sachs.
Ms. Williams has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- General Electric Capital Corporation in the $32 billion sale to Wells Fargo & Co. of GECC's global Commercial Distribution Finance business, North American Vendor Finance business and North American Corporate Finance business.
- JAB Holding Company in its $13.9 billion take-private of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- Yahoo! Inc. in its $4.5 billion sale of its operating business to Verizon Communications Inc.
- Arca Continental, S. A. B. de C.V. in its acquisition, via a $2.7 billion joint venture with Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, Inc., of bottling operations in Texas and parts of Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arkansas.
- General Electric Company in its $2.6 billion sale of GE Industrial Solutions to ABB.
- Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of TPG, in its business combination with Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., a transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion.
- OMERS Private Equity, together with Harvest Partners, in the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc., and its combination with Document Technologies Inc.
- Elizabeth Arden, Inc. in its $870 million sale to Revlon, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division, together with Eurazeo, in the $680 million acquisition of Dominion Web Solutions LLC (n/k/a Trader Interactive).
- AK Steel Corporation in its $360 million acquisition of Precision Partners Holding Company from Milestone Partners.
- Carlin America, Inc. in its $245 million sale to Round Hill Music, LLC.
- Lee Equity Partners in its sale of PDR Network, LLC.
- Equiniti Group plc in its $227 million acquisition of Wells Fargo Shareowner Services.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its $130 million investment in LogicMonitor Inc.
- American Securities in its sale of its majority stake in Aspen Dental Management Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in its sale of HMT LLC.
- QLT Inc. (n/k/a Novelion Therapeutics Inc.) in its acquisition of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of DecoPac, Inc.
Ms. Williams received her LL.B., with first class honors, and her B.A. from the University of Sydney.