Ed is counsel in the Private Equity team in London and specialises in advising on private equity and M&A transactions. Ed advises leading financial sponsors on both domestic and cross-border acquisitions, disposals, equity investments, co-investments, IPOs and other financial sponsor related transactions, in particular in the infrastructure sector. Ed also advises on bolt on acquisitions, joint ventures, management incentive arrangements, corporate restructurings and advisory work for private equity portfolio companies.
Prior to joining Weil, Ed was a senior associate at another leading international law firm.
Representative experience as part of a team includes:
- Arison Investments on its disposal of Miya Water, the leading private operator of water distribution in Portugal, to Bridgepoint
- Mid-Europa Partners on its sale of Walmark to STADA AG
- AMP Capital on the acquisition of Care Management Group from Court Cavendish and ongoing advisory work for Achieve Together, the new combined business of the Regard Group and the Care Management Group
- Ardian on the sale of its stake in Luton airport to AMP Capital
- iCON Infrastructure on its acquisition of Choice Care Group
- NIBC on the sale of its infrastructure portfolio, including Welcome Break
- MIRA on the equity and co-invest arrangements with respect to the acquisition of Empark Aparcamientos y Servicios S.A*
- Goldman Sachs Infrastructure Partners on its sale of its stake in Redexis (through a series of transactions) to existing indirect co-investors, USS and ATP, and a consortium of CNIC and Guoxin Guotong Fund LLP*
- OTPP and USS on their acquisition of Westerleigh Group from Antin Infrastructure Partners*
- Clayton Dubilier & Rice on: (i) its acquisition of Motor Fuel Group from Patron Capital for approximately £500m; and (ii) its successful bid, through Motor Fuel Group, for MRH*
- USS and MIRA on their co-investment into a vehicle established to acquire certain offshore wind assets from the Green Investment Bank coincident with the sale of GIB to Macquarie*
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on its £153 million acquisition of Roadchef and on the (debt and equity) financing of the acquisition of the shares in Eurofibre from Doughty Hanson and Reggeborgh for €875 million*
- Banco Santander S.A. on: (i) the establishment of Cubico Sustainable Investments with OTPP and PSP; (ii) the sale of its global portfolio of renewable energy and water infrastructure projects, valued at over US$2bn, to Cubico; and (iii) subsequent sale of its stake in Cubico to OTPP and PSP*
* Matter handled prior to joining Weil.