Edric has counseled, negotiated on behalf of, drafted various intellectual property and commercial agreements for, and coordinated intellectual property, commercial and data / privacy due diligence on behalf of clients ranging from startups to large multi-national corporations in a number of industries, including the hardware, software, Internet and semiconductor industries.
Edric has earned the Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) credential and has experience counseling clients on data / privacy issues.
- 605 in various strategic data partnerships;
- Adobe Systems in its acquisitions of Auditude, EchoSign, Fotolia (for $800 million), Livefyre, Mixamo and Neolane (for $600 million) and its acquisition of the Digital Analytix business of comScore;
- Advent Global Technology (AGT) as lead investor in a $160 million Series D funding round for Zenoti, resulting in a post-investment basis valuation for Zenoti of over $1 billion;
- Advent International in its acquisition of a majority stake in Serta Simmons;
- American Securities in its $850 million acquisition of the Interior Products Business of Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. and its acquisition of CPM Holdings, Inc.;
- Applied Materials in its proposed merger with Tokyo Electron ($29 billion) and in its acquisition of DFMSim;
- Atos S.E. in its $3.57 billion acquisition of Syntel, Inc.;
- Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners) in its acquisition of Cross Media, LLC;
- Boyd Corporation (at the time a portfolio company of Genstar Capital) in its acquisition of Action Fabricators, Inc.;
- CPP Investments in the recapitalization of Berlin Packaging L.L.C.;
- Conversica, LLC in its acquisition of substantially all the assets of SaaS artificial intelligence provider Intelligens LLC;
- CoStar Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Cozy Services, Ltd.;
- Culligan International Company, a portfolio company of Advent International, in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited and in its sale of Seven Seas Water;
- eBay in its acquisitions of Decide.com, Hunch, Magento, PhiSix and Shutl; its acquisitions of certain assets from Apptek and Minno; and the transition services aspects of its sale of eBay Enterprise ($925 million);
- Facebook in its acquisition of the Atlas Advertiser Suite from Microsoft and its acquisition of Parse;
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Boyd Corporation; its sale of Pretium Packaging; and, together with TA Associates, the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital;
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its $430 million sale of a semiconductor fabrication plant;
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., in a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its $1.55 billion business combination with Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc.;
- HCL Technologies Limited and Sumeru Equity Partners in the $330 million acquisition of Actian Corporation;
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Simplicity Group Holdings;
- Lindsay Goldberg in its acquisition of Big Ass Solutions;
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. in its $150 million acquisition of LiquidityEdge and its acquisition of MuniBrokers;
- Marquee Raine Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Raine Group LLC and Marquee Sports Holdings SPAC I, LLC, in its pending $1.2 billion business combination with Enjoy Technology, Inc.;
- Mithril Capital Management in its acquisition of a minority stake in Glance InMobi Pts. Ltd.;
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. in its $2 billion sale;
- Opera Software in its acquisitions of AdColony and SurfEasy;
- PayPal in its acquisitions of Duff Research, StackMob and Where and its joint venture with SoftBank;
- Providence Equity Partners in its investment in Topgolf Entertainment Group and Topgolf International, Inc. in its $2 billion merger of equals with Callaway Golf Company;
- PSP Investments in its participation in a $205 million SoftBank Vision Fund-led Series E funding round for Collective Health Inc.;
- Riverbed Technology in its acquisitions of Aptimize and Zeus Technology and its sale of its SteelStore product line;
- Samsung Electronics in its acquisition of SmartThings;
- Synopsys in its acquisitions of Atrenta, Cigital, Codiscope, Coverity (for $375 million), Goanna Software, Gold Standard Simulations, Magma Design Automation (for $523 million), Simpleware and WinterLogic and its acquisition of certain assets from Quotium Technologies;
- ThreatConnect, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners) in its acquisition of Nehemiah Security LLP;
- TPG Capital in its minority investment in Rodan + Fields;
- TPG Tech Adjacencies, an affiliate of TPG Capital, in its participation as a minority investor in a $400 million funding round for Toast, Inc.;
- United Online in the sale of MyPoints.com, Inc.;
- Vonage in its acquisitions of Nexmo (for $230 million), Vocalocity (for $130 million) and Telesphere Networks (for $114 million);
- Wejo Limited in its pending $1.1 billion business combination with Virtuoso Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Virtuoso Sponsor LLC; and
- Woodspring Hotels Holdings LLC (a portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg) in its $231 million sale of WoodSpring Hotels Franchise Services LLC to Choice Hotels International, Inc. and its sale of more than 100 company-owned hotel properties.
Prior to joining Weil, Edric performed similar work at other large international firms, as well as advised clients on patent and license disputes in the software, Internet and media industries, and on antitrust matters arising from criminal investigations and civil suits. He also clerked at the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice where he contributed to investigations in the media, chemical and other industries. In law school, Edric taught contracts seminars to first-year law students.
Prior to law school, Edric was a business development manager at Hewlett-Packard Company where he facilitated large-volume, multi-million dollar enterprise and federal deals and served as a technical liaison between manufacturing divisions and field sales.
Edric has presented on intellectual property for Legal Services for Entrepreneurs and media law for the Art Institute of California.
Edric has performed pro bono work for Central Park Conservancy, Edesia, Futures Without Violence, Lime Connect, Oxfam and Richmond Promise.