Dov Kogen is counsel in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in Silicon Valley. Mr. Kogen participates in the representation of public and private companies, as well as private equity funds, in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Kogen has been part of the teams advising:
- HNA Group Co. Ltd. in the approximately $6 billion take-private merger of its member, Tianjin Tianhai Investment Co Ltd and Ingram Micro Inc.
- Baring Private Equity Asia and the consortium, which includes Baring Private Equity Asia and CPP Investments, in the $4.3 billion take-private of Nord Anglia Education Inc.
- Atos S.E. in its $3.57 billion acquisition of Syntel, Inc.
- Principal shareholders and directors of Skillz Inc. in Skillz's business combination with Flying Eagle Acquisition Corp., a SPAC, in a transaction that implies an equity valuation for Skillz of $3.5 billion
- Front Yard Residential Corporation in its proposed $2.3 billion sale to Amherst Residential, LLC
- MGM Resorts International in its $1.175 billion sale of the real property of the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey to MGM Growth Properties LLC
- MGM Resorts International in its formation of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP) and on the corporate aspects of MGP’s $1.05 billion initial public offering
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $1 billion acquisition of Prevail Therapeutics Inc.
- The Government of the United Kingdom as part of a 50/50 consortium with Bharti Global Limited in the consortium's acquisition, in a chapter 11 court-supervised sale process, of OneWeb Global Limited
- Healthcare Merger Corp., a SPAC sponsored principally by Shulman Ventures and MTS Health Partners, in its merger with SOC Telemed in a transaction that implies an initial enterprise value of $720 million
- H&R Block, Inc. in its $405 million acquisition of Wave Financial Inc.
- The Kroger Company in its up to $700 million acquisition of Home Chef
- QuickChek Corporation in its $645 million sale to Murphy USA
- Signet Jewelers Limited in its $625 million sale of convertible preferred shares to Leonard Green & Partners, the proceeds from which were to be used to fund a repurchase of up to $625 million in Signet common stock
- Mudrick Capital Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by Mudrick Capital, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Hycroft Mining Corporation, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $537 million
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holdings), LLC in the $560 million take-private sale of Fogo de Chão to Rhône Capital
- General Electric Company in the sale of its entire 43% stake in Hyundai Card Co. to Hyundai Commercial, Affinity Equity Partners, GIC and AlpInvest Partners
- Leucadia National Corporation (n/k/a Jefferies Financial Group Inc.) in its $253 million acquisition of exchangeable preferred shares in Harbinger Group Inc. (n/k/a Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.)
- The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P) and its direct and indirect subsidiaries in the sale of their stores as part of their chapter 11 cases commenced in 2015
- FXCM, Inc. in connection with movement in Swiss Franc, financing transaction with Leucadia National Corporation and adoption of rights plan
- Berkshire Partners LLC in its investment in The Portillo Restaurant Group, Inc.
- DIRECTV Sports Networks, LLC, together with AT&T Teleholdings, Inc., in the purchase of Houston Regional Sports Network, L.P.
Mr. Kogen received his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School and his B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Pennsylvania where he was also a “Benjamin Franklin Scholar.”