Dov Kogen is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Kogen participates in the representation of public and private companies, as well as private equity funds, in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Kogen has been part of the teams advising:
- HNA Group Co. Ltd. in the approximately $6 billion take-private merger of its member, Tianjin Tianhai Investment Co Ltd and Ingram Micro Inc.
- Baring Private Equity Asia and the consortium, which includes Baring Private Equity Asia and Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board, in the $4.3 billion take-private of Nord Anglia Education Inc.
- Atos S.E. in its pending $3.57 billion acquisition of Syntel, Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its $1.175 billion sale of the real property of the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey to MGM Growth Properties LLC
- MGM Resorts International in its formation of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP) and on the corporate aspects of MGP’s $1.05 billion initial public offering
- Hillhouse Capital Group, as part of consortium that also includes FountainVest Partners and SEEK Limited, in the group's $1 billion take-private of Zhaopin Limited
- The Kroger Company in its up to $700 million acquisition of Relish Labs LLC (d/b/a Home Chef)
- Signet Jewelers Limited in its $625 million sale of convertible preferred shares to Leonard Green & Partners, the proceeds from which were to be used to fund a repurchase of up to $625 million in Signet common stock
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and Fogo de Chão Churrascaria (Holdings), LLC in the $560 million take-private sale of Fogo de Chão to Rhône Capital
- General Electric Company in the sale of its entire 43% stake in Hyundai Card Co. to Hyundai Commercial, Affinity Equity Partners, GIC and AlpInvest Partners
- Leucadia National Corporation in its $253 million acquisition of exchangeable preferred shares in Harbinger Group Inc. (n/k/a Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.)
- The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P) and its direct and indirect subsidiaries in the sale of their stores as part of their chapter 11 cases commenced in 2015
- FXCM, Inc. in connection with movement in Swiss Franc, financing transaction with Leucadia National Corporation and adoption of rights plan
- Berkshire Partners LLC in its investment in The Portillo Restaurant Group, Inc.
- DIRECTV Sports Networks, LLC, together with AT&T Teleholdings, Inc., in the purchase of Houston Regional Sports Network, L.P.
Mr. Kogen received his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School and his B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Pennsylvania where he was also a “Benjamin Franklin Scholar.”