Dianna Lee is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions practice, and is based in New York. Ms. Lee participates in advising private equity sponsors, portfolio companies and corporations on private and public mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, leveraged and management buy-outs, going-private transactions and minority investments.
Selected transactions on which Ms. Lee has been involved include:
- SoftBank Group Corp. (SBG) in its agreement to provide $6.5 billion in debt and equity financing to WeWork, to make a $3 billion tender offer to holders of WeWork shares, other than SBG and its affiliates, and in connection with revisions to the WeWork governance structure.
- SGS SA in its $335 million sale of Petroleum Service Corporation to Aurora Capital Partners.
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million.
- Centerbridge Partners and its portfolio company, CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc., in CraftWorks’ acquisition of Logan’s Roadhouse.
- Dex Media, Inc. (n/k/a Thryv) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in its acquisition of YP Holdings LLC.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board in connection with a PIPE investment in Virtu Financial, Inc. to finance in part Virtu's $1.4 billion acquisition of KCG Holdings, Inc.
- Ministry Brands, LLC (a portfolio company of Insight Venture Partners and Genstar Capital Management) in its acquisition of Abila, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in its $400 million investment in Kyobo Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
- F.A.B. Partners LP in its $333 million take-private of CIFC LLC.
- EQT Infrastructure in its acquisition of Direct ChassisLink Inc. from Littlejohn & Co.
- IMS Health Holdings, Inc. in its $17.6 billion all-stock merger of equals with Quintiles Transnational Holdings Inc.
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
- Unitas Capital on the sale of Air International Thermal Systems to Nanjing Aotecar New Energy Technology.
- Providence Equity Partners, as part of the investor group in Young Lion Holdings Limited, in the group's acquisition of a 26% stake of Television Broadcasts Limited.
- Lee Equity Partners in its investment agreement with McLarens.
- The committee of independent directors of Xueda Education Group in the $350 million take-private of Xueda by Xiamen Insight Investment Co., Ltd.
- GIC in the sale of its equity interest in HKBN as part of HKBN’s IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, as well as other various co-investments by GIC.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board in its acquisition of a minority stake in Snapdeal.
- Lenovo Group Ltd. in its $2.9 billion acquisition of the Motorola Mobility smartphone business from Google Inc.
- Suez Environnement, together with NWS Holdings Limited, in their $612 million sale through their joint venture of an indirect minority interest in Companhia de Electricidade de Macau – CEM, S.A.
- Providence Equity Partners in the $180 million carve-out acquisition by its portfolio company of five corporate training businesses from Informa plc.
- Baring Private Equity Asia, as an existing shareholder and member of a consortium, in the consortium's $105 million take-private of Noah Education Holdings Ltd.
- Goldman Sachs Special Situations Group in its investment in a beverage company by way of a convertible bond.
Prior to New York, Ms. Lee also practiced in London and Hong Kong. Ms. Lee received her B.A. at Yale University, her M.Phil. at the University of Oxford, and her legal education at New York University, BPP Law School and the College of Law in London.