Mr. Tavakoli has been part of the teams advising:
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd.
- Berkshire Partners in, together with Warburg Pincus, a recapitalization of Consolidated Precision Products Corp.
- Giant Eagle, Inc. in its acquisition of Ricker Oil Company, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its acquisition of Restaurant Technologies, Inc.
- KIK Custom Products, Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners) in its acquisition of NC Brands LP (f/k/a Natural Chemistry)
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Tavakoli was an associate in the New York office of another international law firm. In 2014 and 2015, he received the New York State Bar Association Empire State Counsel Award.
Mr. Tavakoli received his J.D., cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center, where he was a senior staff member of The Tax Lawyer. He received his M.B.A, Finance & Corporate Accounting from University of Rochester, Simon Business School, where he was a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma honor society, and his B.B.A, Corporate Finance, summa cum laude, from City University of New York, Queens College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
He is fluent in Hebrew, Spanish and Farsi (conversational).