Daniel Sotsky is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Daniel participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Daniel has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its $1.37 billion take-private of Foundation Building Materials and its $850 million acquisition of the Interior Products Business of Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc.
- athenahealth, Inc. in its $5.7 billion sale to Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital (an affiliate of Elliott Management Corporation) and planned combination with Virence Health
- Cannae Holdings, Inc. in its creation of an external management structure and entry into a management services agreement with Trasimene Capital Management, LLC
- The KeyW Holding Corporation in its $815 million merger with Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
- Legg Mason, Inc. in its $6.5 billion sale to Franklin Templeton Investments
- MSP Recovery, LLC in its $32.6 billion business combination with Lionheart Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Lionheart Equities
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, in a joint venture with Aethon Energy, in the $735 million acquisition of natural gas and oil producing properties, undeveloped acreage and associated gas gathering and treating systems in the Haynesville/Cotton Valley area of Louisiana from QEP Resources, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Translate Bio, Inc.
- Skillsoft Corporation and its affiliates in their prepackaged chapter 11 cases with liabilities in excess of $2 billion
- Wyndham Destinations, Inc. in its $166 million sale of Wyndham Vacation Rentals LLC to Vacasa LLC
Daniel received his J.D. from Columbia Law School, his M.A. from University of London and his A.B. from Dartmouth College.