Daniel Soso is an associate in Weil’s Real Estate practice and is based in New York. Mr. Soso participates in the representation of Firm clients on a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including the sale, acquisition, development, management and leasing of various types of commercial real estate properties. He also assists with complex real estate financings, including construction lending, portfolio acquisitions, mezzanine loans and equity investments.
Mr. Soso has been part of the teams advising:
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its $11.4 billion acquisition of Forest City Realty Trust Inc. (n/k/a Brookfield Properties).
- MGM Resorts International (MGM) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and its planned leaseback of the Bellagio.
- Advent International in its acquisition of Definitive Healthcare, LLC.
- Atalaya Capital Management in a preferred equity investment in, and in a $250 million construction loan for, development of a 40-story Ritz-Carlton hotel with residences at 1185 Broadway in the NoMad (North of Madison Square Park) neighborhood of New York by Flag Luxury Group LLC.
- The Blackstone Group in the acquisition by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities of Concert Golf Partners.
- Colony Capital in the enforcement and ultimate sale of a defaulted mezzanine debt on the NoMad Hotel, a 168-key luxury hotel in Manhattan.
- Knowlton Development Corporation (KDC/ONE) (a portfolio company of Cornell Capital) in its acquisition of Benchmark Cosmetic Laboratories, Inc.
- Madison International in its acquisition of a 40% interest in the MarketStreet Lynnfield from ND Market Street.
- The Moinian Group in its $52 million refinancing of an existing loan with respect to The Galleria, a full-service condominium building in Midtown East, Manhattan.