Daniel Soso is an associate in Weil’s Real Estate practice and is based in New York. Mr. Soso participates in the representation of Firm clients on a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including the sale, acquisition, development, management and leasing of various types of commercial real estate properties. He also assists with complex real estate financings, including construction lending, portfolio acquisitions, mezzanine loans and equity investments.
Mr. Soso has been part of the teams advising:
- Churchill Capital Corp IV, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $11.75 billion take-public merger with Lucid Motors.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its $11.4 billion acquisition of Forest City Realty Trust Inc. (n/k/a Brookfield Properties).
- MGM Resorts International (MGM Resorts) in the formation of a joint venture between MGM Growth Properties LLC and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust to acquire the Las Vegas real estate assets of the MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay for $4.6 billion and to lease back these assets to subsidiaries of MGM Resorts and in the related $3 billion CMBS financing to support the acquisition by the joint venture.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM Resorts) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM Resorts formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and its leaseback of the Bellagio and in the related $3 billion CMBS financing to support the acquisition by the joint venture.
- Cardtronics plc in its pending $2.5 billion sale to NCR Corporation.
- Topgolf International, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners, Dundon Capital Partners and WestRiver Group) in its $2 billion merger of equals with Callaway Golf Company.
- Advent International in its acquisition of Definitive Healthcare, LLC.
- Apollo Infrastructure in its acquisition of Lendlease (US) Telecom Holdings LLC (n/k/a Parallel Infrastructure).
- Atalaya Capital Management in a preferred equity investment in, and in a $250 million construction loan for, development of a 40-story Ritz-Carlton hotel with residences at 1185 Broadway in the NoMad (North of Madison Square Park) neighborhood of New York by Flag Luxury Group LLC.
- The Blackstone Group in the acquisition by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities of Concert Golf Partners.
- Colony Capital in the enforcement and ultimate sale of a defaulted mezzanine debt on the NoMad Hotel, a 168-key luxury hotel in Manhattan.
- Knowlton Development Corporation (KDC/ONE) (a portfolio company of Cornell Capital) in its acquisition of Benchmark Cosmetic Laboratories, Inc.
- Madison International in its acquisition of a 40% interest in the MarketStreet Lynnfield from ND Market Street.
- The Moinian Group in its $52 million refinancing of an existing loan with respect to The Galleria, a full-service condominium building in Midtown East, Manhattan.