Daniel Rios is an Executive Compensation & Benefits associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Mr. Rios participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the executive compensation, employee benefits and ERISA issues in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, initial public offerings and other strategic transactions.
Mr. Rios has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its acquisition of Definitive Healthcare, LLC; in its acquisitions of Clearent Corp. and FieldEdge and the simultaneous merger of the two companies; in Culligan International Company’s acquisition of OASIS Corporation; and in Serta Simmons Bedding LLC’s merger with Tuft & Needle
- American Securities in its acquisition of CPM Holdings, Inc.
- Aterian Investment Partners, in the acquisition by its portfolio company, Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc. of J.L. Haley Enterprises, Inc.
- Avista Capital Partners and MPI Research, Inc. in the approximately $800 million sale of MPI Research to Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in, together with TPG Growth and other investors, a $275 million investment in Precision Medicine Group, Inc.; in Parts Town LLC’s acquisition of the foodservice parts distribution and field service business assets of 3Wire Group Inc.; and together with Warburg Pincus, in a recapitalization of Consolidated Precision Products Corp.
- Brook & Whittle Limited (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of Prime Package & Label Co., L.L.C.
- Brookfield Property Partners L.P. in its sale of IDI Logistics Realty to Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Dermira, Inc.
- Fiera Infrastructure in its investment in Conterra Ultra Broadband Holdings, Inc.
- Guidepost Growth Equity in its investment in ThinkHR Corporation
- InfraRed Capital Partners in its $396 million sale of a majority stake to Sun Life Financial Inc.
- KIK Custom Products, Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners) in its acquisition of NC Brands LP (f/k/a Natural Chemistry)
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. (a subsidiary of Univar Inc.) in its $640 million sale of Nexeo Solutions Plastics to One Rock Capital Partners
- Primoris Services Corporation in its acquisition of Willbros Group, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in n2y, LLC from The Riverside Company, with Riverside and n2y management retaining equity stakes
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners and its portfolio companies in various transactions, including its acquisitions of BoldLeads.com, Inc., Chatmeter, Inc. and Payline Data Services LLC; as lead investor in a minority investment in Impact; and in its sale of a significant ownership stake in EverCommerce
- RealPage, Inc. in its acquisition of Investor Management Services, LLC
- Sanofi in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Synthorx, Inc.
- Sun Life Financial Inc. in its acquisition of a majority stake in Bentall GreenOak
- Susquehanna Growth Equity in its minority investment in Real Capital Analytics, Inc. and in, together with Accel Partners, their acquisition of XebiaLabs, Inc.
- TCV as lead investor in a $200 million Series C funding round for Capsule Corporation
- Total S.A. in its pending $8.8 billion acquisition of all of the oil and natural gas assets, liabilities, businesses and operations of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Mr. Rios received his J.D. from University of California, Berkeley where he was Associate Editor of the California Law Review and his B.A., magna cum laude, from UCLA.