Mr. Evens has worked with both issuers and underwriters in public and private issuances of securities.
Mr. Evens has been part of the teams advising:
- Blackboard Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners), in its $378 million offer to exchange second lien senior secured notes for any and all senior notes of an earlier maturity, and associated consent solicitation
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corporation, in its $310 million initial public offering and simultaneous $8 million offering of private placement warrants
- EQT Infrastructure in a 144A offering of $325 million of senior secured notes by Deck Chassis Acquisition Inc. to finance in part EQT's acquisition of Direct ChassisLink, Inc.
- PQ Corporation (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in a $625 million senior secured 144A offering in connection with the reorganization and combination of PQ and Eco Group Services Holdings LLC (also a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors)
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in over $1 billion of senior unsecured notes offerings
- H&R Block, Inc. in a $1 billion senior notes offering by Block Financial LLC (its wholly owned subsidiary), to finance in part H&R Block's simultaneous tender offer for shares of its common stock
- OMERS Private Equity in a $405 million offering of senior notes by The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc. to finance in part OMERS' acquisition of Kenan Advantage Group, Inc.
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners) in its $75 million initial public offering
- Milacron Holdings Corp. (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $294 million initial public offering
- Dave & Buster’s Entertainment, Inc. in its $100 million initial public offering and in over $700 million of secondary offerings
- DIRECTV in its $1.2 billion investment grade senior notes offering
- the underwriters in Tyson Foods, Inc.’s $3.25 billion senior notes offering, $900 million common stock offering and $1.5 billion offering of tangible equity units
- the underwriters in CBS Outdoor Americas' (now known as OUTFRONT Media) $644 million IPO, $800 million high yield bond offering, and exchange offer
- the underwriters in ARCP’s $1.656 billion follow on equity offering and $2.55 billion offering of unsecured notes
- the initial purchasers in the $250 million senior secured notes offering by Appvion, Inc.
Mr. Evens also maintains an active pro bono practice. Currently, he represents Section 8 tenants against the New York City Housing Authority.
Mr. Evens received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and his MPA and B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania.