Damian Petrovic is counsel in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Damian participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Damian has been part of the teams advising:
- AMP Capital Investors in its acquisition of ITS Technologies & Logistics, LLC
- Aterian Investment Partners in the acquisitions by its portfolio company, Vander-BendVander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc., of Swiss Precision Machining, LLC and J.L. Haley Enterprises, Inc.
- Avolon Holdings Limited and its parent, Bohai Capital Holding Co., in Bohai's sale of a 30% stake in Avolon to ORIX Aviation Systems Limited based on an enterprise value of $23.7 billion
- Churchill Capital Corp III, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $5.7 billion merger with MultiPlan, Inc. that has an enterprise value based on the transaction of approximately $11 billion
- Churchill Capital Corp IV, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $11.75 billion merger with Lucid Motors
- CIIG Capital Partners II, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by CIIG Management II LLC, in its pending business combination with Zapp Electric Vehicles Ltd. (United Kingdom), a designer, manufacturer of electric motorcycle, in a transaction that implied a combined enterprise value of $573 million
- CPP Investments in the merger of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. with Kronos Incorporated in a deal that values the combined company at $22 billion on an enterprise value basis
- Dex Media, Inc. (n/k/a Thryv) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in its acquisition of YP Holdings LLC
- Francisco Partners in its acquisition of Dynamo Software Ltd.
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Goldman Sachs, in its $2.6 billion business combination with Mirion Technologies, Inc. (at the time, a portfolio company of Charterhouse Capital Partners)
- Guidepost Growth Equity in its investment in ThinkHR Corporation
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of K-MAC Holdings Corp.
- Linden Structured Credit Fund in its preferred equity investment in Aspirion (a portfolio company of Aquiline Capital and Ares Capital), a technology driven provider of solutions for specialized revenue cycle management (RCM) challenges faced by hospital systems and healthcare providers
- Lineage Logistics, LLC, at the time the world’s largest temperature-controlled industrial REIT and logistics solutions provider, in its $208 million acquisition of Turvo Inc., a provider of supply chain management, collaboration, and visibility software
- Lone Star in its acquisition of Bentley Mills, Inc.
- Oak Hill Capital Partners in its sale of TriPlus Administrative Services Inc.
- Permira Advisers in the acquisition by its portfolio company, Reorg Research, Inc., of FinDox, Inc.
- PSP Investments in a PIPE investment in Virtu Financial, Inc. to finance in part Virtu's $1.4 billion acquisition of KCG Holdings, Inc. and, as part of a global investor group, in the acquisition of ownership stakes in AlixPartners
- PSP Investments (Canada), together with EQT Active Core Infrastructure Fund (Luxembourg) (a fund managed by EQT AB), in its pending acquisition of Radius Global Infrastructure Inc., an owner and acquiror of triple net rental streams and real properties leased to wireless carriers and tower companies, in a transaction that implies a Radius Global Infrastructure enterprise value of approximately $3 billion
- Reorg Research, Inc. (d/b/a Reorg) (a portfolio company of Permira Advisers), a global provider of data, analytics and intelligence for the credit markets, in its acquisition of FinDox, Inc., a developer and provider of document management and data analytics software for the leveraged loan market
- Snow Phipps Group (n/k/a TruArc Partners) in its acquisition of Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc. and its sale of Kele, Inc.
- Tower Three Partners in its sale of NTS Communications, Inc.
- TPG, through its affiliate Pace Holdings Corp., in the business combination with Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., a transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million
- TPG Pace Solutions Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, in its $4.5 billion business combination with Vacasa LLC
- Warburg Pincus, as a co-investor with One Equity Partners, in the formation of Eco Material Technologies Inc. through a business combination with Green Cement Inc. and the $1 billion acquisition of Boral Resources LLC
Damian grew up in Sydney, Australia, and he received his B.A., and his LL.B., with honors, from Macquarie University.
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advised TPG Pace Solutions Corp. in its $4.5B Business Combination with Vacasa LLC Deal Brief — December 06, 2021
- Weil Advised GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II in its $2.6B Business Combination with Mirion Technologies, Inc. Deal Brief — October 20, 2021
- Weil Advised Churchill Capital Corp IV in its $11.75 Billion Merger with Lucid Motors Deal Brief — July 23, 2021
- Weil Advised Churchill Capital Corp III in its $11B Merger with MultiPlan, Inc. Firm Announcement — October 08, 2020