Courtnii Lamar is an Executive Compensation & Benefits associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Courtnii participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the executive compensation, employee benefits and ERISA issues in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, initial public offerings and other strategic transactions.
Courtnii has been part of the teams advising:
- ChargePoint, Inc. in its combination with Switchback Energy Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by NGP Switchback, LLC, in a transaction that implied a ChargePoint enterprise value of $2.4 billion
- Genstar Capital in its sale of Infinite Electronics, Inc.
- Hayfin Capital Management in, together with EW Healthcare Partners, a $100 million convertible preferred equity investment in MiMedx Group, Inc. and Hayfin, as lender, in the concurrent provision of $75 million term facilities for MiMedx
- NPC International Inc. in its $801 million 363 asset sale in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of substantially all of its assets to Flynn Restaurant Group and Wendy’s International LLC
- QuickChek Corporation in its $645 million sale to Murphy USA
- Speedcast International Limited and its subsidiaries in the negotiation and implementation of a $500 million equity investment by affiliates of Centerbridge Partners L.P. in connection with Speedcast’s ongoing chapter 11 proceeding
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc.
- TPG Growth, as lead investor, in a $300 million Series C funding round for MX Technologies, Inc.
Courtnii received her J.D. from Columbia Law School and her B.A. from Howard University.