Courtney Luster is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Dallas. Courtney participates in the representation of public and private companies as well as private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Courtney has been part of the teams advising:
- Aethon Energy in its $735 million acquisition of the northwest Louisiana natural gas assets from QEP Resources, Inc.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in connection with its chapter 11 cases and sale of substantially all of its assets
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation in its $550 million 363 asset sale in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of substantially all of its assets and its equity interests in certain of its subsidiaries and certain joint ventures to an affiliate of KPS Capital Partners
- Dual North America, Inc., the specialist underwriting arm of Howden Group Holdings Limited (f/k/a Hyperion Insurance Group Limited), in its acquisition of Align Financial Holdings, LLC
- Easton Energy LLC (a portfolio company of Cresta Energy Capital) in its acquisition of the Gulf Coast natural gas liquids pipeline systems assets from The Williams Companies, Inc.
- EP Energy Corporation in its chapter 11 cases, involving approximately $4.9 billion in funded debt obligations
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- Kingfisher Midstream, LLC and its subsidiaries in their 363 bankruptcy sale of midstream assets to BCE-Mach III LLC in connection with their chapter 11 cases, which are jointly administered with the chapter 11 cases of Alta Mesa Resources, Inc. and its subsidiaries
- PSG in its acquisitions of Sign In App Ltd., ShootProof, LLC, Pixel Labs, LLC (n/k/a Assembly) and Next Glass, Inc.; Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc. in its acquisition of Cross Media, LLC; Assembly in a significant recapitalization led by Advent International; AbacusNext in its sale to Thomas H. Lee Partners; and Pineapple Payments LLC in its sale to Fiserv, Inc.
- RealPage, Inc. in its acquisition of Investor Management Services, LLC
- Softbank Group Corp. in development of the sponsor structure for the $230 million initial public offering of LDH Growth Corp I, a SPAC sponsored by LDH Sponsor LLC (an affiliate and wholly owned subsidiary of SoftBank)
Courtney received her J.D., magna cum laude, from SMU Dean Dedman School of Law and her B.A. from University of Texas.