Cody Lipton is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Lipton participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Previously, as a member of Weil’s Real Estate practice, he participated in the representation of public and private companies in connection with their global and domestic acquisitions and divestitures of real property.
Mr. Lipton has been part of the teams advising:
- Atos S.E. in its pending $3.57 billion acquisition of Syntel, Inc.
- General Electric Company in its $3.4 billion sale of GE Water to SUEZ; its $2.6 billion sale of GE Industrial Solutions to ABB; and in its divestiture of strategic real property abroad
- Eli Lilly and Company in its strategic review of Elanco, its animal health division
- Milstein Properties in its $180 million sale of 250 Water Street to Howard Hughes Corporation
- Woodspring Hotels Holdings LLC (a portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg) in its $231 million sale of WoodSpring Hotels Franchise Services LLC to Choice Hotels International, Inc. and in its sale of more than 100 company-owned hotel properties to funds affiliated with Brookfield Strategic Real Estate Partners II
Mr. Lipton received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School where he also received a Wharton Certificate of Management jointly from The Wharton School and the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and his B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from New York University.