Clare specialises in advising on cross-border and domestic debt restructurings.
She has represented a number of private equity houses and financial institutions in a range of financing transactions, including restructurings, leveraged buyouts, and bank/bond structures.
Clare is recognised as a Rising Star in Restructuring and Insolvency by Expert Guides, and was named winner of Euromoney’s Rising Star Awards Europe 2020 for Restructuring and Insolvency.
Clare holds a BA honours degree in Modern History from Oxford University and has an LLM in Corporate Law from Nottingham Law School.
- an ad hoc group of senior creditors of Caribbean mobile operator, Digicel, in relation to a potential restructuring of its $7bn of debt
- syncreon Group Holdings B.V., and its affiliates, in its cross-border balance sheet restructuring involving approximately $1.1 billion of funded debt, including English schemes of arrangement and associated chapter 15 and CCAA recognition proceedings
- Currently acting in a high-yield restructuring for majority holder of senior secured notes group in Four Seasons Health Care, the UK’s largest provider of care homes
- Pillarstone Europe LLP in its cross-border restructuring of Famar
- Represented an ad hoc group of bondholders in the international restructuring of Edcon
- Charterhouse Capital Partners, as sponsor, in the cross-border restructuring of Bartec, an oil and gas related business
- Advisor to Netcare Limited, the largest private hospital network in South Africa, in connection with the restructuring of their flagship English private hospital group, BMI Heathcare
- Advising Stemcor on its recent restructuring of its trade finance facilities and capital raise
- Advised on the Chapter 11 and exit financing of GulfMark Inc.
- Refinance of credit facilities for Odeon Cinema as part of a bank/bond structure
- Acquisition of a German pharmaceutical company by Elementis plc, one of the UK’s largest specialty chemicals business