Mr. Roarty participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Mr. Roarty has been part of the teams advising:
- AK Steel Corporation in its approximately $3 billion sale to Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc. and in a consent solicitation with respect to its $662 million senior notes offering by Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc. in connection with the sale.
- Campbell Soup Company in its $1 billion senior unsecured notes offering to reduce outstanding indebtedness.
- Churchill Capital Corp III, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $5.7 billion merger with MultiPlan, Inc. that has an enterprise value based on the transaction of approximately $11 billion.
- Doncasters Group in the restructuring of its $1.6 billion of first and second lien debt and its investment and management loan notes, via an English Scheme of Arrangement and English pre-pack administration which resulted in the Group’s lenders acquiring ownership of the operating group and reduction of $1.2 billion of liabilities from the operating group’s balance sheet.
- Dun & Bradstreet Holdings, Inc. (a public company backed by an investor consortium led by THL Partners, Cannae Holdings, Black Knight and CC Capital) in its $1.98 billion initial public offering and $400 million concurrent private placement.
- RealPage, Inc. in its $580 million acquisition of Buildium LLC and in its acquisition of Investor Management Services, LLC.
- SiriusXM in its up to $325 million acquisition of Stitcher.
Mr. Roarty received his LL.M. from New York University School of Law, his J.D., cum laude, from Wayne State University Law School, and his B.A. from the University of Michigan.