Charles Driscoll is an associate in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is based in New York. His practice focuses on advising borrowers, private equity sponsors, banks, direct lenders and other financial institutions on a variety of financing transactions, including first and second lien credit facilities, asset-based loans, investment grade loans, middle market and large cap financings and acquisition financings.
Mr. Driscoll has played a significant role on teams advising:
- Goldman Sachs, as agent, in a $9 billion bridge financing commitment to support the pending $10.9 billion acquisition by Conagra Brands, Inc. of Pinnacle Foods Inc.
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, in a $5 billion bridge financing commitment for the $6 billion merger of CenterPoint Energy and Vectren Corporation.
- AVSC Holding Corp. (d/b/a PSAV) (at the time a portfolio company of Goldman Sachs and Olympus Partners) in $1.4 billion first and second lien facilities to refinance existing indebtedness and to finance a dividend.
- Snow Phipps Group in first and second lien facilities to finance its acquisition of DecoPac, Inc.
- Lindsay Goldberg in $290 million senior secured facilities to finance its acquisition of Big Ass Solutions.
- Barclays in senior secured facilities for Valitás Health Services, Inc., Corizon Health, Inc. and Corizon LLC.
Mr. Driscoll also acts for various pro bono clients, including the International Refugee Assistance Project, on a range of issues.
Mr. Driscoll was selected as one of Lawyers Weekly’s 2014 “30 under 30” honorees, an award that recognizes attorneys under the age of 30 for their accomplishments and expertise. He was also recognized by Doyles Guide as a leading in-house banking & finance lawyer in 2015.
Mr. Driscoll received his law degree (with first class honors) from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. Prior to joining Weil, he held senior in-house counsel roles in Melbourne and Sydney and was a senior associate in the Melbourne office of a leading international law firm.