Brian Senie is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Brian participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions and real estate transactions, including matters involving partnerships, REITs and Qualified Opportunity Zone funds.
Brian has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its $1.575 billion sale of Henry Company LLC
- Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. in its $2.5 billion sale to Performance Food Group
- Dual North America, Inc., the specialist underwriting arm of Howden Group Holdings Limited (f/k/a Hyperion Insurance Group Limited), in its acquisition of Align Financial Holdings, LLC
- Lineage Logistics, LLC in its $208 million acquisition of Turvo Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its $17.2 billion sale of MGM Growth Properties LLC to VICI Properties Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its $2.1 billion acquisition of the 50% stake it did not already own in CityCenter and its $3.9 billion sale and leaseback of the Aria Resort and Vdara Hotel real estate at CityCenter
- MGM Resorts International in its $450 million sale of the operations of Gold Strike Casino Resort in Tunica, Mississippi to CNE (a subsidiary of Cherokee Nation Businesses)
- PSG and its portfolio company Netsurion LLC (a portfolio company of PSG), a provider of adaptive managed security solutions that integrates with existing security investments and technology stacks, in the sale of Netsurion’s Secure Edge Networking business segment to Acumera, Inc. (a portfolio company of Peak Rock Capital)
- Redbox Entertainment Inc. in its pending sale to Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Inc.
Prior to joining Weil, Brian was a tax associate at another law firm.
Brian received his J.D., cum laude, from New York University School of Law, where he was a Senior Articles Editor for the NYU Review of Law and Social Change, and his B.A. from Yale University, where he was an Editor for the Yale Philosophy Review.
Firm News & Announcements, Latest Thinking
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises MGM Resorts in its Pending $450M Sale of the Operations of Gold Strike Casino Resort Deal Brief — June 09, 2022
- Weil Advised MGM Resorts International in its $17.2B Sale of MGM Growth Properties LLC Deal Brief — April 29, 2022
New IRS proposed regulation would reverse longstanding IRS ruling and upend commonly used real estate fund structures
Blog Post — Tax Blog
Hillel N. Jacobson,
Lauren Gorsche and
— January 04, 2023
Shortly before the new year, the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) dropped a holiday bombshell on the tax community when it issued a proposed regulation under the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act of 1980 (“FIRPTA”). The proposed regulation would, if enacted in its current form, reverse a longstanding IRS ruling interpreting FIRPTA (the “2009
The post <strong>New IRS proposed regulation would reverse longstanding IRS ruling and upend commonly used real estate fund structures</strong> appeared first on Weil Tax BLOG....
- New IRS proposed regulation would reverse longstanding IRS ruling and upend commonly used real estate fund structures Alert — By David F. Levy, Devon Bodoh, Greg Featherman, Robert Frastai, Hillel N. Jacobson, Andrew Morris, Lauren Gorsche and Brian Senie — PDF — January 04, 2023