Mr. Howton has participated in advising:
- Apax Partners, together with New Enterprise Associates as lead investors, in a $100 million equity and debt funding round for Moda Operandi, Inc.
- Blackstone in its acquisition of a majority stake in ZO Skin Health, Inc.
- BroadStreet Partners, Inc. (a portfolio company of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in recapitalization transactions involving a new equity investment by affiliates of Century Equity Partners and a $100 million second lien debt and equity investment by affiliates of Penfund Partners
- Campbell Soup Company in its $2.2 billion sale of Campbell International, Inc. and in its $300 million sale of Kelsen Group A/S
- CPP Investments as, together with Silver Lake and Mubadala Investment Company, lead investors in the $2.25 billion first external investment round for Waymo LLC and as a minority co-investor together with Insight Venture Partners, in Veeam Software Holding Limited
- Hayfin Capital Management in, together with EW Healthcare Partners, a $100 million convertible preferred equity investment in MiMedx Group, Inc. and Hayfin, as lender, in the concurrent provision of $75 million term facilities for MiMedx
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of Ariel Re, the reinsurance business of Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd.
- PSP Investments in, together with Lightyear Capital, their sale of Advisor Group to Reverence Capital Partners
- Sun Life Financial Inc. in its acquisition of a majority stake in Bentall GreenOak
Mr. Howton received his J.D. from Cornell Law School, his LL.M. from University of Paris I: Panthéon-Sorbonne, his M.A. from St. John’s College and his B.A. from University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
At Cornell Law School, Mr. Howton served as Articles Editor of the International Law Journal, Honors Fellow of the Lawyering Program and competitor in the 2017 ICC Mediation Competition.