Brian Drozda is counsel in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is based in New York. Mr. Drozda works with private equity sponsors, borrowers, and financial institutions on a variety of bank financing transactions, including acquisition financing, infrastructure financing, cross-border financing, asset-based lending, subordinated debt financing, workouts, and restructurings.
- Brookfield Asset Management in $4.25 billion bridge, term and revolving facilities to finance in part its $11.4 billion acquisition of Forest City Realty Trust Inc. (n/k/a Brookfield Properties).
- Forest City Enterprises, L.P. (a subsidiary of Brookfield Properties (Brookfield Asset Management)) in an amended $1.2 billion senior secured term facility to reprice and refinance existing indebtedness.
- Catalina Marketing, a provider of shopper intelligence and personalized digital media, in $275 million senior secured debtor-in-possession credit facilities to provide liquidity during Catalina Marketing's chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Sotheby's, an auctioneer of fine art, jewelry and collectibles, in its $1.1 billion senior secured revolving facility to refinance existing indebtedness.
- SoftBank Group Corp., a leading, diversified Japanese public company, in $1.5 billion senior secured facilities to finance in part its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC.
- Advent International in $225 million senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of First Watch Restaurants, Inc.
- Brookfield Principal Credit, as lead arranger and administrative agent, in a $650 million two-tranche senior secured term facility for Bumble Bee Holdings, Inc. and Connors Bros Clover Leaf Seafoods Company (subsidiaries of Bumble Bee Holdco, S.C.A.), to refinance existing senior secured notes and PIK toggle notes.
- Sovos Brands (a portfolio company of Advent International Corporation) in $185 million senior secured credit facilities to refinance existing indebtedness and to finance its acquisition of Rao's Specialty Foods Inc.
- Dex Media, Inc. (n/k/a Thryv) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in an $825 million secured term facility to refinance and prepay existing indebtedness.
- EMI Music Publishing (at the time a portfolio company owned jointly by, among others, Mubadala Development Company PJSC and Sony Corporation of America) in a $1.2 billion refinancing of its existing senior secured indebtedness.
- OMERS Private Equity in $830 million first and second lien facilities to finance in part its acquisition of Inmar, Inc., and to refinance Inmar's third-party debt.
- JPMorgan, as administrative agent, RMB administrative agent, bookrunner and lead arranger, in an amendment and extension of a $13.4 billion revolving credit facility for Ford Motor Company.
- Avolon Holdings Limited (an affiliate of the HNA Group) in its $5.5 billion senior secured term facilities to finance its $10 billion acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity in, together with Harvest Partners, $1.3 billion senior secured facilities to finance the take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc., and its combination with DTI (Document Technologies Inc.), and to refinance existing indebtedness.
- Halcón Resources Corporation, in its $600 million asset-based senior secured debtor-in-possession facility to provide liquidity during its bankruptcy proceedings and to pay off its pre-petition RBL facility and in its $600 million asset-based senior secured exit facility to finance its emergence from chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Altas Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) in secured credit facilities to finance a portion of their acquisition of Capital Vision Services, L.P.
- Hyperion Insurance Group Limited (a portfolio company of General Atlantic) in its $750 million term facility and $130 million revolving facility to finance its acquisition of R K Harrison Holding Limited.
- The Jordan Company in $283 million first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Capstone Logistics.
- AK Steel Corporation in a $400 million increase to its revolving credit commitment in conjunction with its acquisition of integrated steelmaking assets from Severstal North America.
- Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd. (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners and OMERS Private Equity) in its $1.675 billion first and second lien credit facilities.
Mr. Drozda is recognized as a “Notable Practitioner” for Banking in the U.S. by IFLR1000.
Mr. Drozda received his J.D. from New York Law School and his B.A. from Vanderbilt University.