Julian Zhong is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Julian participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Julian has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisitions of MW Industries, Inc. and Acuren
- Avolon Holdings Limited and its parent, Bohai Capital Holding Co., in Bohai's sale of a 30% stake in Avolon to ORIX Aviation Systems Limited based on an enterprise value of $23.7 billion
- Bonewerks CulinArte' (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its acquisition of Savory Creations International, Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners in its sales of P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. and Pei Wei Asian Diner LLC and KIK Custom Products, Inc. in its acquisition of NC Brands LP (f/k/a Natural Chemistry)
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of INW Manufacturing LLC
- Cunningham Lindsey U.S. Inc. (a portfolio company of CVC Capital Partners) in its sale to Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. (a portfolio company of KKR)
- EQT Partners and its portfolio company Sivantos Pte. Ltd. (n/k/a WS Audiology A/S) in its acquisition of Clearwater Clinical Limited
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC and Jefferson in its acquisition of Canastream Holdings Ltd.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in its acquisition of a minority stake in Cole-Parmer (n/k/a Antylia Scientific) (a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital)
- PSG and its portfolio company Assembly in a significant recapitalization led by Advent International
- Susquehanna Growth Equity and Real Capital Analytics, Inc. in Real Capital’s $950 million sale to MSCI Inc.
Julian received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and his B.A. from Wesleyan University.