Bianca Lazar is an associate in Weil’s Public Company Advisory Group and is based in New York. Bianca participates in advising U.S. public companies and foreign private issuers on securities law issues, disclosure, governance and compliance matters, including M&A and capital markets transactions.
Bianca has been part of the teams advising:
- Allego Holding B.V. (n/k/a Allego N.V.) (a portfolio company of Meridiam Infrastructure Partners) in its $3.14 billion business combination with Spartan Acquisition Corp. III, a SPAC sponsored by Spartan Acquisition Sponsor III LLC (an affiliate of Apollo Global Management)
- Definitive Healthcare Corp. (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its $483 million initial public offering
- First Watch Restaurants, Inc. (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its $196 million initial public offering
- Portillo’s, Inc. (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners) in its $466 million initial public offering
Prior to joining Weil, Bianca was an associate at another international law firm, where she focused on capital markets and SEC compliance matters.
Bianca received her J.D. from Duke University School of Law, where she was a Staff Editor for the Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law, and received her B.A., with distinction, from the University of Michigan, where she was a James B. Angell Scholar.
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
- Heads Up for the 2023 Proxy Season: ISS and Glass Lewis Issue New and Revised Policies Focusing on Board Accountability, Diversity and ESG Alert — Governance & Securities — By Lyuba Goltser, Kaitlin Descovich, Bianca Lazar and Julie Rong — PDF — December 07, 2022
- SEC Adopts No Fault Executive Compensation Clawback Rules for Listed Companies: Covers “little r” Restatements Alert — Governance & Securities — By P.J. Himelfarb, Lyuba Goltser, Howard B. Dicker and Shira Barron — PDF — November 01, 2022
- SEC Partially Rescinds Its Rules Relating to the Provision of Proxy Voting Advice Alert — Governance & Securities — By Catherine T. Dixon and Howard B. Dicker — PDF — August 15, 2022
- SEC Proposes Changes to Shareholder Proposal Rule 14a-8 Alert — Governance & Securities — By Adé Heyliger and Bianca Lazar — PDF — July 22, 2022
- SEC Targets “Greenwashing” by Investment Funds: More Proposals on the SEC ESG Agenda Alert — Governance & Securities — By Lyuba Goltser, Adé Heyliger, Robert Stern, David E. Wohl and John H. Bradshaw — PDF — June 21, 2022
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advised Allego Holding B.V. in its $3.14B Business Combination with Spartan Acquisition Corp. III Deal Brief — March 16, 2022